ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Association of Old Crows (AOC) is pleased to announce its 53rd Annual AOC International Symposium & Convention and its 2nd Annual STEM Outreach Program November 29 - December 1, 2016 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
The Annual AOC International Symposium & Convention is the largest and most prestigious event in the Electromagnetic Warfare community with over 2,200 attendees representing more than 27 countries. This year’s symposium, “Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations: A Global Perspective,” features a strong emphasis on the global Electronic Warfare community with a number of distinguished speakers including:
- Vice Admiral Charles A. “Chas” Richard, Deputy Commander, USSTRATCOM
- Brig Gen Edward Sauley, USAF, J3E Deputy Director, Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations, USSTRATCOM
- Travis Slocumb, VP, Electronic Warfare Systems at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
- Professor Steve Roberts, Leonardo, Visiting Professor in EW Systems, Cranfield University and the Defence Academy of the UK
- Brig Gen Robert Spalding, Defense Attaché Designate to China
- Rear Admiral Yuki Sekiguchi, Defense Attaché, Embassy of Japan
- AIRCDRE Gary Martin, Australian Air Attaché
- Brigadier General Roberto Mazzolin, Canadian Army, US Cyber Command
- Bryan Clark, Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA)
- Dr. William Conley, SES, Deputy Director, Electronic Warfare, OUSD(AT&L)/A/Tactical Warfare Systems
The event promises to be an impressive one, with 17 individual sessions, 2 professional development courses, and an exhibition hall showcasing the latest technology advancements in Electronic Warfare (EW), Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), and Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) from 99 exhibiting companies. The 53rd Annual AOC International Symposium & Convention, begins on Nov. 29th at 8:00 AM at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
The STEM Outreach Program will see over 600 students from schools across the D.C. metro area in attendance for the program. Participating students will take part in a challenge to defeat a hypothetical weaponized drone that is threatening the safety of friendly forces. They will form teams and learn about using the Electromagnetic Spectrum and related cyber systems to build a theoretical counter to the threat. The STEM Outreach Program opens Wednesday. Nov. 30th at 8:30 AM with the largest concentration of students attending on Thursday, Dec. 1st.
Founded in 1964, and with over 13,000 members internationally, the Association of Old Crows (AOC) is an organization for individuals who have common interests in Electronic Warfare (EW), Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO), Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA), Information Operations (IO), and other information related capabilities. The Association of Old Crows provides a means of connecting members and organizations nationally and internationally across government, defense, industry, and academia to promote the exchange of ideas and information, and provides a platform to recognize advances and contributions in these fields.