AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embarcadero Technologies (a division of IDERA), a leading provider of software solutions for application development, today announced the release of RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2 - Anniversary Edition. Available as of today, this release includes new and enhanced platform support, new components and functionality to help developers get to market even faster.
Windows Desktop Bridge (“Project Centennial”) support is a key feature in RAD Studio Anniversary Edition. It enables developers to build Windows 10 Store ready packages for their new and existing Desktop applications directly from the IDE. This allows millions of Delphi and C++Builder applications to target hundreds of millions of Windows 10 devices with their existing code base. With the additional support for Windows 10 introduced in Update 2, RAD Studio is the ultimate choice for building up-to-date Windows applications.
In addition, RAD Studio Anniversary Edition provides updated platform support for the latest in iOS and Android. Developers can code once and target all the major app stores – Windows, Mac, iOS and Android – with the same natively compiled code, making it easier and faster to deliver applications than with other development tools.
“RAD Studio is the only development tool that allows developers to use existing code and support the latest Windows APIs, while enabling them to target a whole new audience of users,” said Atanas Popov, general manager of Embarcadero. “These capabilities, combined with broad app store integration, help customers accelerate the time to market and revenue from their application development initiatives.”
The RAD Studio Anniversary Edition continues Embarcadero’s commitment to delivering more capabilities to developers with frequent updates and a longer major release cycle.
“Adding significant new features in updates enables customers to stabilize on a single release for longer while staying current with new platforms and innovative features,” said Nick Hodges, newly appointed director of Product Management for Embarcadero. “This is a consistent message we hear from customers, and we are glad to incorporate it in our product roadmap.”
New RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2 features include:
- Desktop Bridge Support – Create .appx packages for the Windows 10 Store, including app deployment support, integrated code-signing support and the ability to customize app store icons and other elements of the application.
- New VCL Controls – Improve application usability with two calendar components for Windows 10 that mimic WinRT UI controls while providing support for older versions of Windows.
- QuickEdits – Increase developer productivity with the ability to rapidly modify the name, caption, alignment, layout and color of a control, copy the component name, connect images or image lists, and bind the control to a data source or data field.
- New Windows 10 Styles – Modernize application look-and-feel with three new Windows 10 styles for FireMonkey and VCL.
- Expanded C++ Support – Increase efficiency with additional command line options in Embarcadero’s Clang-enhanced compilers.
- GetIt Installer Enhancements – Upgrade application editions and preserve configuration settings using the enhanced installer interface.
For more information on RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2 - Anniversary
Embarcadero builds tools for the world’s most talented software developers, enabling them to deliver secure, scalable enterprise applications faster than any other platforms on the market. In fact, 90 companies in the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on award-winning products from Embarcadero for their critical applications. To learn more, visit www.embarcadero.com.