SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Genova® Seafood has made it even easier for Americans to answer the call to add more seafood to their diet. The San Diego premium seafood company revered for its superior-tasting tuna packed in pure olive oil has launched a new line of yellowfin and albacore tuna packed in Easy-Open cans.
Gourmet tuna aficionados can now find two of Genova’s most popular products packed in portable cans with pull-tab lids.
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Sea Salt in Easy Open Cans
- Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, Very Low Sodium in Easy Open Cans
Earlier this year, the release of Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 urged Americans to eat seafood at least twice a week in place of other protein foods. The new report concludes that average seafood consumption is below recommendations for all U.S. age-sex groups.
According to Gautam Malla, senior brand manager of Genova Seafood, the new product line answers consumer demand for faster recipe preparation and portability. “Discerning foodies are seeking high-protein, convenient products that also deliver on taste. We’re thrilled to offer easy-open cans to allow time-crunched consumers to enjoy the decadent taste of Genova on-the-go.”
The product is available in most U.S. supermarkets, Clubs (Costco and BJs) and Walmart in 3- and 5-ounce individual cans, and 5- and 7-ounce quad packs.
To accompany the new packaging, Genova today launched Genova’s Easy Open Sweepstakes through November 26, 2016. Users who tag #GenovaSeafoodSweeps on social media have the chance to win a weekly giveaway Mediterranean-themed gift basket from Genova.
In honor of the new easy-open cans, Genova introduced a series of quick and easy recipes that showcase the rich taste of Genova:
- Deconstructed Tuna Caesar Salad — Toasted French baguette alongside plated romaine hearts topped with rich and flavorful Genova, egg, garlic and parmesan and chives is a new twist on traditional Caesar Salad.
- Tropical Tuna Lettuce Wraps — These lettuce wraps blend Genova Tuna with mango, mint, walnuts and coconut flakes for a healthy bite of paradise.
- Tuna in Avocado with Red Onion — The savory taste of Genova combined with Greek yogurt, lemon juice, coriander, red onion, cucumber and cilantro spooned generously into avocado halves creates a perfect low-carb lunch.
- Gourmet Tuna Nachos — Tortilla chips topped with Genova, lemon, parsley, rosemary, parmesan cheese, diced tomato, green onion and mozzarella cheese delivers a fresh take on the ultimate game-day snack.
About Genova Seafood
Genova Seafood is a high quality, savory Yellowfin and Albacore tuna prized for its culinary qualities. Packed in olive oil, a traditionally Mediterranean method, Genova enhances appetizers, salads, sandwiches, main dishes and more. All Genova products are naturally gluten-free, Kosher, and an excellent source of Omega-3 and protein.
For information on Genova, including recipes, serving suggestions and retail locations go to www.genovaseafood.com.