CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Videojet Technologies, a global leader in coding, marking and variable data printing solutions, will showcase its latest product innovations at the Pack Expo International 2016 trade show held November 6-9 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
For more than 40 years, Videojet has been relentless in its pursuit to provide customers with advanced printing and marking solutions that enhance productivity and increase uptime. “Production efficiency and accurately managing code complexity are areas we can make an immediate impact for our customers through continuous dedication to product innovation,” said Matt Aldrich, director of marketing North America at Videojet. “Pack Expo and Pharma Expo attendees will learn about our latest coding and marking solutions, including the new 3340/3140 CO2 lasers, and see many in action that are built with advanced connectivity and tools designed to help users achieve higher productivity.”
Attendees will hear from Videojet experts speaking in the booth on a number of topics such as how to leverage the data and connectivity of Videojet Remote Service to optimize printer performance. In another session, food, beverage, cosmetics and pharmaceutical manufacturers will learn how they can take advantage of the new 3340 laser marking system to deliver four lines of variable data plus 2D codes at 400+ products per minute. Pharma and medical packaging attendees will also hear from a coding expert detailing the steps to improving patient safety and quality control by printing GS1-DataMatrix codes with a new UV fluorescing ink.
In the booth, new equipment and a broad selection of key solutions from the full Videojet marking and printing line will be featured, including continuous inkjet (CIJ) printers, thermal inkjet (TIJ) printers, thermal transfer overprinters (TTO), laser marking systems, case coders and print and apply labelers.
Experts will be on hand to demonstrate code inspection systems and Videojet CLARiSUITE™ Template Management Software. These Videojet Workflow Solutions, consisting of software, hardware and service products, automate the coding process while helping to minimize errors and create reliable, repeatable quality assurance procedures and results.
New, Innovative Print Solutions for Increased Productivity
Videojet will launch new technologies at Pack Expo including:
- The new Videojet 3140 and 3340 CO2 lasers designed for manufacturers that require faster data processing speeds, high-speed coding up to 900m/min and large marking fields across wide web applications. Improvements in data processing and communication over predecessor lasers provide benefits for a range of applications from food and beverage to pharmaceutical and tobacco by allowing more time to engage the product, more time to finish the required mark, and ultimately producing higher quality codes.
- Videojet Remote Service, an intelligent solution for measuring, tracking and providing meaningful recommendations for printer optimization, is now available on more products across the Videojet family of marking, coding and variable data printing solutions. In the booth, attendees will learn how remote alerts, dashboards, remote recovery and dynamic reporting can empower users to proactivity address printer-related issues, reduce downtime and take advantage of optimal printer availability. The company will offer live demonstrations of Videojet Remote Service on its full range of printers throughout the booth and on a live packaging line.
- The new Videojet 7610 100-Watt fiber laser marking system applies high-contrast marks at ultra-fast speeds on hard plastics, metals and other products, marking up to 600m/min to meet the demands of high-speed packaging operations. With a laser source life expectancy of 100,000 hours (MTBF), the 7610 delivers long-lasting reliability to high-speed beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Other Videojet products to be showcased at Pack Expo include:
- The Videojet 1660 continuous inkjet printer, featuring Long Life Core™ technology, delivers maintenance predictability and low cost of ownership. Also engineered for virtually non-stop production, the 1650 High Resolution and 1650 CIJ printers keep up with elevated line speeds.
- The proven technology of the revolutionary Videojet 9550 Print & Apply Labeler. Since its introduction, the 9550 has set the standard for reducing costs and errors in case labeling operations. Targeting zero unscheduled downtime, the 9550 offers Direct Apply label placement and Intelligent MotionTM technology for precise, closed loop control of label and ribbon movement.
- Thermal transfer overprinters, including the DataFlex 6420 running with a QuickPouch automation system for coding on-line during form, fill and seal processes.
- A packaging line that lets attendees watch an array of high-performing printing, marking and coding solutions in action including the 8510 and 8610 thermal inkjet printers; the new 3340 laser marking both on white cartons for primary packaging and on corrugated cases; the 9550 print and apply labeler; the 2350 and Unicorn case coders for compact single and dual line case coding.
Videojet will also feature printing and marking solutions specifically for pharmaceutical and medical packaging:
- The new 3340 CO2 laser integrated with a Weiler labeler to demonstrate effective integration with OEM equipment for high-quality laser marking on labels.
- A Track & Trace and thermal inkjet printing demonstration featuring the Wolke m600 oem and 8610 TIJ printing on cartons. Attendees will see the value of internal traceability codes with a new Videojet TIJ UV fluorescing ink.
- Vial coding solutions and samples that demonstrate the benefits of choosing Videojet TIJ, laser or CIJ technology for coding on this specific pharma application.
All of the newest Videojet innovations will be on display in Pack Expo booth S-2948. For more information on Videojet equipment, please visit http://www.videojet.com.
About Videojet Technologies:
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services. Our goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With our customer application experts and technology leadership in Continuous Inkjet (CIJ), Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), Laser Marking, Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 345,000 printers installed worldwide. Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service and training support is provided by direct operations with over 4,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, Videojet’s distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.
©2016 Videojet Technologies Inc. All rights reserved. Videojet is a registered trademark of Videojet Technologies Inc.