NORTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Measurement Computing Corporation (MCC) today announced the release of DASYLab 2016. DASYLab is a data acquisition software application that allows users to configure custom acquisition, analysis, and control applications in minimal time and without programming.
DASYLab 2016 enhancements include a new state machine module, support for double-precision data, larger block sizes and more.
In contrast to other graphical programming environments, DASYLab has a very short learning curve. Applications can be configured in a few minutes rather than days or weeks. Users interactively develop PC-based data acquisition applications by simply attaching functional icons. Real-time displays, math and analysis, and control functions are all included.
DASYLab can be used with Measurement Computing, Data Translation, and IOtech brand DAQ devices from MCC as well as hardware from other suppliers. Download a free evaluation version of DASYLab at www.mccdaq.com/DASYLab.
New Features in DASYLab 2016
- State Machine Module - Easily set up sophisticated sequences more easily and efficiently. Users can reorder steps, or insert, delete, or append steps at any position in the State Machine.
- Support for Double-Precision Data - Internal data format changed from a 32-bit float to a 64-bit double for data connections between modules. This structure enhancement supports high-resolution measurements and significantly increases accuracy.
- Larger Block Sizes - Block sizes up to 1 MS are now supported. Support of larger block sizes increases the resolution and accuracy of block-related operations such as FFT.
- Support for TDM/TDMS File Format - Users can read/write National Instruments (NI) technical data management (TDM) files and TDM streaming (TDMS) files. TDMS files combine the benefits of several data storage formats – ASCII, binary, XML, and database - into one file format.
- Enhanced DASYLab DDF File Format - DASYLab 2016 can read and store double-precision data. DASYLab saves all data channels that contain measurement data, TTL signals, histogram data, and calculation and scaling results in a binary DASYLab data format (.ddf) file.
- Support for Python 2.7.10 - The Script module supports Python 2.7.10 and many Python libraries in the public domain.
- Support for Virtual Time Bases - Users can refer data sources such as a Switch, Slider, or Generator module to a virtual time base, and then change the synchronization to the real time base for all modules at once.
- Support for Windows® 10/8/7 32/64-bit
|DASYLab Lite||DASYLab Lite includes all drivers, comes without analysis, has a limited module count, and includes one Layout Window||$499|
|DASYLab Basic||DASYLab Basic includes all drivers, all standard modules (except Signal Analysis and Actions), and one Layout Window||$1,299|
|DASYLab Full||DASYLab Full includes all drivers, all standard modules, 200 Layout Windows, and Control Sequencer||$1,799|
|DASYLab Pro||DASYLab Pro includes all drivers, DASYLab Full version, plus all add-on modules (without third-party modules)||$2,499|
|DASYLab Runtime||DASYLab Runtime allows you to run an existing worksheet application on an additional computer (with compatible hardware configurations)||$449|
Current users of DASYLab should contact Measurement Computing about upgrade options for their current version of DASYLab.
DASYLab 2016 will start shipping on November 11, 2016.
About Measurement Computing
Measurement Computing designs and manufactures data acquisition devices that are easy to use, easy to integrate, and easy to support. Included software options are extensive and provided for both programmers and non-programmers. Free technical support, limited lifetime warranties, and low cost of ownership make Measurement Computing the easiest choice for DAQ.
Click below to see photos of DASYLab 2016: http://www.mccdaq.com/press_releases/pr_photos/PR-DASYLAB-2016.jpg