Glomerulonephritis is also known as glomerular nephritis (GN) or glomerular disease. It is a disease of the kidney, characterized by inflammation of the glomeruli. Causes of glomerulonephritis include Streptococcal infection of the throat known as strep throat, immune diseases, such as lupus, Type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes and viruses, such as HIV, hepatitis B virus, and hepatitis C virus. Factors that increase chances of getting glomerulonephritis include family history of glomerulonephritis, the presence of a known cause of glomerulonephritis and high blood pressure. Common symptoms of glomerulonephritis are blood in the urine (dark, rust-colored, or brown urine), foamy urine, swelling (edema) of the face, eyes, ankles, feet, legs, or abdomen. Treatment will depend on the cause of glomerulonephritis such as medications, lifestyle changes, dialysis and transplant.
Glomerulonephritis pipeline therapeutics constitutes close to 23 molecules. Out of which approximately 21 molecules are developed by Companies and remaining by the Universities Institutes. The molecules developed by Companies in Phase III, Phase II, Phase I, Preclinical and Discovery stages are 2, 8, 3, 7 and 1 respectively. Similarly, the Universities portfolio in Preclinical stages comprises 2 molecules, respectively.
Glomerulonephritis - Pipeline Review, H2 2016, outlays comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development for Glomerulonephritis, complete with analysis by stage of development, drug target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. It also reviews of key players involved in therapeutic development for Glomerulonephritis and features dormant and discontinued projects.
Key Topics Covered:
- Glomerulonephritis Overview
- Therapeutics Development
- Pipeline Products for Glomerulonephritis - Overview
- Pipeline Products for Glomerulonephritis - Comparative Analysis
- Glomerulonephritis - Therapeutics under Development by Companies
- Glomerulonephritis - Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Glomerulonephritis Products Glance
- Late Stage Products
- Clinical Stage Products
- Early Stage Products
- Glomerulonephritis - Products under Development by Companies
- Glomerulonephritis - Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Glomerulonephritis - Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Amyndas Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Avexxin AS
- Biogen Inc
- Complexa, Inc.
- Dimerix Bioscience Pty Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Mallinckrodt Plc
- Omeros Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- Pharmalink AB
- Retrophin Inc.
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Shire Plc
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Variant Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n83j6l/glomerulonephritis