The highest value and numbers of usage of mobile payments is for online shopping, but the use of mobile payment in-store is growing; over a billion proximity mobile payment customers are expected globally in the next 3 years.
Expansions and product launches leading this trend include Samsung Pay in Brazil, Android Pay in the UK and Walmart Pay in the USA. Still, surveys cited in the report show that many shoppers are reluctant to use mobile payments because of concerns about security or simply not seeing an advantage to their use.
The convenience and quickness of mobile payments seem to be the main positive features enjoyed by those who have made the move to their use, according to the report. South Korea is one of the leading markets in penetration of mobile payments. Surveyed users there cited convenience as the main reason for use, with speed as a second motivation. In the USA and Western Europe mobile shoppers show a preference for even faster, one-click checkout by having their payment details saved.
Key Questions Answered
- How many mobile payment users will there be by 2019?
- Why do shoppers in various countries use mobile payments?
- What are the main barriers to a wider adoption of mobile payments?
- Which region is leading worldwide in usage of mobile money services?
- How do mobile shoppers in selected markets prefer to pay for their purchases?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- Mobile Payment Usage In-Store and Online, in % of Respondents, by Generation, 2015
- Perception of Security of Mobile Payments, in % of Respondents, by Generations, 2015
- Number of Mobile Money Accounts, by Registered and Active, by Selected Regions, in millions, December 2015
- Breakdown of Types of Payments Made with Mobile Money, by Number of Transactions and Value of Transactions, in %, December 2015
- Mobile P2P Money Transfer Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2014 & 2019f
- Number of P2P Mobile Money Transfer Users, in millions, 2014 - 2019f
- Mobile Proximity Payment Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2014 & 2019f
- Number of Proximity Mobile Payment Users, in millions, 2014 - 2019f
5. North America
6. Latin America
7. Middle East & Africa
- Kakao Pay
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7pxxpp/global_mobile