CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Investing Media Solutions (IMS), one of the nation’s largest premium financial publisher groups, is today releasing the second edition of the IMS Wealth Management Monitor (The IMS Monitor). The IMS Monitor is a proprietary survey of readers from across its exclusively managed publishing group, which editorially serves more than 20 million influential, Financially-Fluent™ readers monthly. With 5,880 completed responses, The IMS Monitor is one of the largest studies of its kind, providing valuable insight into the attitudes and opinions of financial professionals, corporate leadership and investors.
“Reaching and engaging influential, affluent audiences who are consuming content on a wide range of financial sites is a business-critical challenge for many advertisers,” said Josh Morris, Investing Media Solutions co-founder and CEO. “We created The IMS Wealth Management Monitor to provide a deeper level of qualitative information about our audiences for our advertisers, however, the entire financial and marketing community can benefit from these insights because of the huge amount of influence wielded by these readers.”
Below are select findings from the second IMS Wealth Management Monitor:
Financially-Fluent™ Audiences Actively Seeking Independent Insight
- 62 percent of respondents prefer independent experts/specialized websites most often for actionable insight and editorial perspective on the financial markets and investing.
- 64 percent of respondents read investing related articles every day.
Presidential Election Tops List of Economic Concerns
- Respondents cited the outcome of the American election as their greatest economic concern.
- When asked to select their biggest concern for the economy in the rest of 2016, respondents answered as follows: the outcome of the American election cycle (48 percent), weak GDP and economic growth in the U.S. (36 percent), terrorism and other geopolitical turmoil (23 percent), interest rates (22 percent), U.S. corporate earnings (15 percent), economic concerns in Europe (14 percent), economic concerns in Asia (7 percent).
Robo Advising Gaining in Popularity, Especially with Affluent Investors
- 63 percent of respondents said that they were aware of the term “robo advisor,” a 14 percent increase from the first Wealth Management Monitor published in February.
- Awareness of robo advising was directly correlated to the affluence of the respondent.
- 78 percent of respondents with more than $5,000,000 in investable assets are aware of the term “robo advisor.”
- 73 percent of respondents with more than $1,000,000 in investable assets are aware of the term “robo advisor.”
Financial Professionals Optimistic About Short-term Outlook
- 86 percent of financial professionals believe the S&P 500 will finish the year positive.
- 79 percent of retail investors believe the S&P 500 will finish the year positive.
To request a copy of the IMS Wealth Management Monitor, please visit: investingmediasolutions.com/WealthManagementMonitor
About the IMS Wealth Management Monitor:
The IMS Wealth Management Monitor is a semi-annual study conducted by Investing Media Solutions that provides data and insight into the readers of IMS Publisher Group websites. The survey research that informed the second IMS Wealth Management Monitor was conducted from August 9 to September 6, 2016 via exclusive email and display advertising campaigns on IMS Publisher Group websites. These efforts generated complete survey responses from 5,880 individuals. Of the 5,880 respondents, 2,760 identified themselves as working in the financial services industry, with 1,777 of those being asset managers or financial advisors.
About Investing Media Solutions:
Investing Media Solutions (IMS), a premium financial publisher group, reaches millions of influential, Financially-Fluent™ readers who are seeking out actionable editorial content across the digital media ecosystem. As a trusted media partner for major advertisers, IMS creates custom, integrated, digital advertising solutions that reach and engage these sophisticated, high-value audiences. (comScore reach 13MM+). For more information on Investing Media Solutions, please visit: www.investingmediasolutions.com.