DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Alternative Online Payment Methods: First Half 2016" report to their offering.
Credit cards are used by over half of the world's online shoppers, but the report also points to regional diversity in alternative payment methods. Shoppers in Western Europe use digital payment systems more than credit cards, while in the Middle East and Africa as well as Eastern Europe, cash on delivery is still widely used. There are also a multiple country-specific alternative payment methods, such as Boleto Bancario in Brazil and iDEAL in the Netherlands.
Consumers are very interested in security of their online payments, occasionally driving the alternative methods. A survey cited in the report reflects that the majority of online shoppers in Spain choose payment methods based on how secure they are. Having a variety of payment methods is also important to consumers. In Japan, close to one third of online shoppers have cancelled a purchase on not finding their preferred payment method available to them.
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the most important alternative online payment methods in various countries worldwide?
- Where do alternative payment methods rank above credit cards in terms of usage by online shoppers?
- Which factors are important to online shoppers in selected markets when choosing online payment methods?
- What online and mobile payment trends are prevalent in major advanced and emerging markets worldwide?
- Boleto Bancario
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
- QIWI Wallet
- Samsung Pay
- Walmart Pay
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
5. North America
6. Latin America
7. Middle East and Africa
For more information on this topic, check out the Mobile and Contactless Payments section of the Research and Markets' blog.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c2swfr/global