MINNETONKA, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release dated October 3, 2016 with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
UNITEDHEALTHCARE OFFERS COMPELLING MEDICARE PRODUCTS FOR 2017
- National portfolio features new AARP MedicareRx Walgreens (PDP) prescription drug plan and strong, competitive Medicare Advantage offerings
- $22.50 premium makes new stand-alone Part D plan one of the lowest-cost plans available nationwide in 20171
- Medicare Advantage plans reflect company’s commitment to provide stable benefits, consumer choice, access to quality care and a superior health care experience
UnitedHealthcare today introduced its 2017 Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription drug plans, building on its market-leading 2016 medical plan growth by featuring continued stability in its Medicare Advantage plans’ premiums and benefits as well as a new low-premium prescription drug plan introduced in collaboration with Walgreens.
The new AARP® MedicareRx Walgreens (PDP) plan, insured through UnitedHealthcare, is designed to appeal to consumers who are looking for the peace of mind that Part D prescription drug coverage offers and appreciate the convenience of shopping at their neighborhood Walgreens or Duane Reade, the plan’s preferred retail pharmacy chains that are included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA).
With its low $22.50 premium as well as $0 co-pays for tier 1 medications and $0 deductible for tier 1 and 2 medications purchased at Walgreens and Duane Reade pharmacies, the plan is an ideal choice for cost-conscious consumers looking to maximize the affordability of their Part D coverage. The $22.50 premium makes it one of the lowest-cost Part D plans available nationwide in 2017.2
“The AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan is a great choice for people seeking affordable coverage and convenient access to their medications at more than 8,000 Walgreens locations nationwide where they can save money on their co-pays, or through home delivery from OptumRx,” said Kent Monical, senior vice president of UnitedHealthcare’s Part D plans.3
“This collaboration reflects our shared commitment to helping people access the medications they need, while providing the pharmacy services and support they depend on, at affordable prices,” said Brad Fluegel, Walgreens senior vice president, chief healthcare commercial market development officer. “Prescription drug costs continue to be a concern for many Medicare beneficiaries. By working closely with UnitedHealthcare and other business partners, we’re developing innovative solutions to meet the needs of patients.”
More information about the AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan is available in a fact sheet and at walgreens.aarpmedicareplans.com.
The AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan joins the other AARP Medicare Rx stand-alone Part D plans – AARP MedicareRx Preferred (PDP) and AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus (PDP). Together the plans offer prescription drug coverage to fit a wide variety of consumer needs and preferences, ranging from beneficiaries taking multiple prescriptions to manage several chronic conditions, to baby boomers in good health who want the peace of mind of having prescription drug coverage.
Medicare Advantage plans offer choice, access
to quality care and a superior experience
UnitedHealthcare’s 2017 Medicare Advantage plans demonstrate the company’s continued commitment to providing people with a choice of innovative health and well-being products that help them access the quality care they need and enjoy the superior experience they deserve.
- UnitedHealthcare will introduce Medicare Advantage plans in more than 160 counties in 2017, giving more than 2 million additional beneficiaries the opportunity to choose a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plan.
- In many markets, UnitedHealthcare will offer a choice of Medicare Advantage plans designed to meet a variety of beneficiary needs and preferences: $0-premium plans that maximize affordability, and plans with monthly premiums that may offer richer benefits, lower cost-sharing and more flexibility in using the health care system. More than 90 percent of UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage members and more than 80 percent of Medicare-eligible people in the company’s coverage area will have a choice of two or more UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans in 2017.4
- More than 30 million Medicare beneficiaries in UnitedHealthcare’s coverage area and nearly 90 percent of its Medicare Advantage members will have access to a UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plan with a $0 premium beyond the Medicare Part B premium in 2017.5
Access to Quality Care:
- UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans offer consumers enhanced access to affordable preventive care through coverage of an annual physical, above and beyond the annual wellness visit available through Original Medicare, as well as $0 co-pays for visits with primary care physicians available with many plans.
- With UnitedHealthcare’s HouseCallsSM program, people can receive annual wellness check-ups in the comfort of their own home, at no additional cost. HouseCalls visits often identify overdue immunizations and cancer screenings and have been credited as life-saving. UnitedHealthcare expects more than 1 million of its members will receive a HouseCalls visit in 2016.
- More than 2.5 million people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans are treated by physicians who actively participate in value-based, collaborative programs that reward physicians for the quality of care they deliver rather than the number of procedures they perform.
- New in 2017, more than 115,000 of UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage members in Nevada, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kentucky and Ohio will have the option of virtual telemedicine appointments with primary care doctors through companies including American Well and Optum’s NowClinic for a $0 co-pay.
- Most of UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans also provide access to a 24/7 nurse line for help with pressing health issues, routine vision and hearing exam coverage, and hearing aids at a substantially discounted price.
- Nine out of 10 people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare’s standard Medicare Advantage plans will see their monthly premium reduced or unchanged in 2017, with many continuing to enjoy a $0 premium.
- Through its Advocate4Me platform, UnitedHealthcare’s customer service advocates use predictive analytics to anticipate consumers’ needs and then proactively help connect them to care and programs that can improve their health and well-being. The company is on track to schedule 200,000 doctors’ appointments for its members in 2016.
- More than two-thirds of the people enrolled in UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare Advantage plans can take advantage of a fitness membership at no additional cost beyond their plan premium, giving them opportunities to exercise and maintain important social connections.
- Renew by UnitedHealthcare, the company’s health and wellness program for members, provides content and resources such as a member magazine, online courses, videos and interactive tools to help people take control of their health. Renew also rewards members with gift cards for completing certain health-related activities. UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage members are expected to redeem more than 400,000 rewards in 2016.
“People who are done with complicated should choose one of our Medicare Advantage plans for their 2017 health care coverage,” said Steve Nelson, CEO of UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. “We strive to offer superior service so people can get the most out of their benefits and access the care they need more easily, all while saving time and money so they can enjoy their life.”
UnitedHealthcare’s Medicare plans, many of which carry the AARP brand, have been designed to help meet the diverse needs of the more than 57 million current Medicare beneficiaries as well as baby boomers who are aging into Medicare at the rate of 10,000 per day.6
In addition to its Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, UnitedHealthcare is the leading provider of Medicare supplement insurance, serving more than 4.2 million beneficiaries through a wide variety of competitively priced plans. The company offers the only Medicare supplement plans endorsed by AARP.
UnitedHealthcare serves one in five Medicare beneficiaries through its Medicare Advantage, Part D prescription drug and Medicare supplement plans.
More information about UnitedHealthcare’s 2017 Medicare offerings is available at www.UHCMedicarePlans.com.
People in the following communities can also visit a nearby UnitedHealthcare MedicareStore or MedicareStore-branded mall kiosk for personalized, one-on-one support with their enrollment decisions from licensed UnitedHealthcare agents: Los Angeles; Seattle; Tucson, Arizona; Las Vegas; Colorado Springs; Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas; Indianapolis; St. Louis; Syracuse and Buffalo, New York; Fort Myers and The Villages, Florida.
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers, military service members, retirees and their families, and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 1 million physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. UnitedHealthcare is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. For more information, visit UnitedHealthcare at uhc.com or follow @myUHC on Twitter.
AARP MedicareRx Walgreens (PDP)’s pharmacy network offers limited access to pharmacies with preferred cost sharing in urban ND and WV; suburban CA, HI, MD, ME, ND, NY, PA, WV and rural AK, AR, HI, IA, ID, KS, KY, ME, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NY, OK, PA, SD, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV and WY. There are an extremely limited number of preferred cost share pharmacies in urban VT and rural ND. The lower costs advertised in our plan materials for these pharmacies may not be available at the pharmacy you use. For up-to-date information about our network pharmacies, including pharmacies with preferred cost sharing, please call 1-800-753-8004, TTY 711 or consult the online pharmacy directory at www.AARPMedicarePlans.com. Plans are insured through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or one of its affiliated companies. For Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans: A Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract and a Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. Enrollment in these plans depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare. UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company pays royalty fees to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. You do not need to be an AARP member to enroll in a Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan. AARP and its affiliates are not insurers. AARP encourages you to consider your needs when selecting products and does not make specific product recommendations for individuals. United contracts directly with Walgreens for this plan; AARP and its affiliates are not parties to that contractual relationship. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. Renew by UnitedHealthcare is not available in all plans. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. Other pharmacies are available in our network. The pharmacy network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary. UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-855-814-6894 (TTY: 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-855-814-6894（TTY：711).
1 CMS Data, 2016; premium is $22.40 in 20 regions and $22.50 in 14 regions
2 CMS Data, 2016; In New Mexico, the AARP MedicareRx Saver Plus and Symphonix ValueRx plans will have a lower monthly premium than the AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan. In Arizona, the Symphonix ValueRx plan will have a lower monthly premium than the AARP MedicareRx Walgreens plan.
3 Walgreens Data, 2016
4 Statistics refer to UnitedHealthcare’s standard Medicare Advantage plans (i.e. non-Special Needs Plans), members enrolled in those plans and the coverage area where the company will offer the plans in 2017.
5 Statistics refer to UnitedHealthcare’s standard Medicare Advantage plans (i.e. non-Special Needs Plans) and members enrolled in those plans.
6 CMS and U.S. Census Data, 2016 All other statistics in this release can be attributed to UnitedHealthcare Internal Data, 2016.