NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET) has earned a spot on the 2016 Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies” list for outstanding leadership in programs, policies and a culture that supports working families.
“For 18 years in a row, Working Mother magazine has recognized MetLife as a great place for working families,” said Elizabeth Nieto, MetLife’s global chief diversity and inclusion officer. “As a working mother, I’m proud that we are deeply committed to providing policies and programs that allow working families to thrive.”
Among the resources and programs MetLife sponsors for working families:
- Parental Leave Coaching to help employees and managers prepare for parental leave and return to work confidently.
- Back-up Child Care when regular care is unavailable.
- The Families at MetLife Employee Resources Group, an employee network developed to provide a community and forum for employees to share experiences and best practices and create awareness of family friendly resources.
- Flexible Work Arrangements such as compressed work weeks, part-time work, job-sharing, flextime, virtual work and telecommuting.
- Regular webinars and seminars on family related topics.
- An Employee Assistance Program and Resource and Referral Program to assist our employees with integrating their personal and work responsibilities.
MetLife will be honored at the annual Working Mother 100 Best Companies Work Life Congress in October in New York and will be featured in the October/November issue of Working Mother magazine and on workingmother.com.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, MetLife is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Serving approximately 100 million customers, MetLife has operations in nearly 50 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.