ARLINGTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ has been selected by the Northern Virginia Family Services (NVFS) as a 2016 CARE Award winner for the eighth consecutive year. Recipients of the CARE (Companies As Responsive Employers) Award are organizations local to Northern Virginia with outstanding employee engagement and culture, progressive family-friendly policies and deep community impact.
“It is a great honor for CTA to be recognized as a CARE Award recipient yet again,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA. “We strive to provide our employees with a flexible work environment so they can continue to excel on behalf of our industry while also maintaining their personal lives. We are committed to staying ahead of the curve and continuing to implement programs, policies and benefits that promote a healthy work-life balance.”
Among the innovative and supportive family-friendly programs CTA provides are:
- A mortgage assistance program offering up to a $25,000 unsecured, forgivable loan to apply towards a down payment of a primary residence within a five mile radius of CTA’s headquarters in Arlington, VA;
- A student loan assistance program, offering employees with existing student loans contributions of $100 per month to pay down their student loan debt, included as taxable income;
- An adoption assistance program to employees who are adopting a child. This program includes a reimbursement of up to $2,500 per child for eligible adoption costs as well as other benefits related to the adoption process;
- Instructor-led boot camp, strength training and yoga classes, as well as access to a 24/7 onsite gym at no cost to CTA employees;
- Summer hours, allowing employees to work extra hours Monday through Thursday from Memorial Day through Labor Day, in order to leave the office at 1 PM on Fridays;
- A flexible work arrangement, including the opportunity to telecommute one day a week;
- Dependent on length of service, employees are eligible for two or four weeks of paid leave upon birth or adoption of a child.
CTA’s awards and accolades include being honored in 2014, 2015 and 2016 by The Washington Post as a Top Workplace and by Virginia Business on their Best Places to Work in Virginia list for the past six consecutive years. CTA also has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters for the last four years running. For more information about CTA’s corporate culture, leadership, benefits and career opportunities, visit CTA.tech.
About Consumer Technology Association:
Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, is the trade association representing the $287 billion U.S. consumer technology industry. More than 2,200 companies – 80 percent are small businesses and startups; others are among the world’s best known brands – enjoy the benefits of CTA membership including policy advocacy, market research, technical education, industry promotion, standards development and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. The Consumer Technology Association also owns and produces CES® – the world’s gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Profits from CES are reinvested into CTA’s industry services.
CES Unveiled Prague - Register
October 20, Prague, Czech Republic
CES Unveiled Paris – Register
October 25, Paris, France
CT Hall of Fame Dinner
November 9, New York, NY
CES Unveiled New York
November 10, New York, NY
CES Unveiled Las Vegas
January 3, Las Vegas, NV
CES 2017 – Register
January 5-8, Las Vegas, NV
CES Asia 2017
June 7-9, Shanghai, China