SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apteligent, the expert in predictive app intelligence, today announces the launch of Custom Insights™, a new feature that puts the power of mobile big data and data science in the hands of customers to improve their digital business. Apteligent used the feature internally to publish the first of many previously unknown findings in its latest industry report, “Network Crash Edition.” The report reveals interactions with cloud services cause a surprisingly high number of crashes on iOS and Android apps. The report also evaluates which app store categories are the most impacted by networking issues and identifies why these issues occur at such an alarming rate.
Key takeaways from the report include:
- 20 percent of mobile app crashes are correlated with a network issue
- Android Nougat is 2.5 times more likely to have a network crash than iOS 10
- Fabric, Twitter's mobile platform, crashes apps. It ranks third worst in analytics and fifth worst in advertising
- Medical, finance and shopping apps are extremely susceptible to network crashes
- 88 percent of network calls involved in a crash were successful but returned unexpected data that led to a crash. In fact, 10 percent of successful network calls returned no data and then led to a network crash
“A surprisingly high percentage of fatal errors in apps are caused by network issues, and it’s important to have the ability to see how user behavior initiates certain network calls that can ultimately lead to a crash,” said Andrew Levy, co-founder and CSO of Apteligent. “There are plenty of ‘big data’ solutions in the market today. The unique value in Custom Insights is that it allows organizations to go beyond dashboards of data. Our platform makes proactive recommendations by analyzing data across tens of thousands of apps.”
Apteligent customers can gain access to similar insights for their own apps by using the company’s new Custom Insights™ capability. Enterprises can now leverage Apteligent’s billions of data points about the mobile ecosystem to make data-driven decisions about their own apps. Custom Insights™ allows customers to correlate app performance metrics to business results.
Key features of Custom Insights™ include:
- Correlate vast amounts of underlying app data with marketing performance metrics in a simple way
- Manage data-driven decisions with custom reports containing the statistical analysis and insights to improve mobile business
- Leverage bleeding edge data science tools and Apteligent’s global data to contextualize your app’s data for predictive analysis
For more information, download the Data Report: Network Crash Edition here. To learn more about Apteligent’s Custom Insights, visit http://apteligent.com/product/#custominsights.
Apteligent is the App Intelligence company trusted by the largest mobile apps in the world. Apteligent’s software provides actionable mobile app insights to improve digital business. Product managers and developers use Apteligent’s insights to diagnose app performances issues that impact user experience. The platform analyzes crashes, freezes, and issues in user flows and ties those problems against key business metrics. Mobile teams also have access to Apteligent’s big data platform, as well as industry and app benchmarks. Founded in 2011, Apteligent is based in San Francisco. Learn more at www.apteligent.com.