This is a report on the Feta and White Cheese markets in the West and East Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Africa, Asia, Central Asia and Caucasus, Latin and North American regions.
Feta - This term is to refer to the fresh white crumbly cheese often in brine that is covered by the EU PDO designation to be produced by at least 70% of sheep milk; no more than 30% goat milk in a sheep/goat milk mixture and made in Greece. Production in other markets do not fit into the definition of the EU ruling either by using a different ratio of sheep and cow's milk or being produced in an EU market outside Greece (e.g. Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark and France where the cheese is often marketed as salad cheese).
The term also covers fresh white crumbly cheese often in brine produced in markets outside the EU, e.g. Israel, Iran, Turkey, Canada, South Africa, USA, Australia, where the cheese type is not affected by EU regulation and is marketed and/or described as feta whether or not made from sheep's milk. A good example is Turkey, where it is called Beyaz Paneer and is made from cow's milk but is also widely acknowledged as a feta style cheese within the market.
White Cheese - This term is to refer to the combined white cheese types and include regional variations based on a fresh, white, crumbly cheese type including Telemea (Romania), Jibn Abyad (Arab Countries), Bryndza (East Europe).
Artisanal/Farmhouse - Describes the small-scale manufacturer producing the cheese type and selling it on a commercial basis, as opposed to larger and more organised formal dairy-processing sector. It does not include homemade' cheese types that are produced and consumed at home.
The report includes:
- Information on supply and usage in 129 markets across the regions.
- The report provides information on:
- Consumption volume (tonnes) and total market value, 2010-2015
- Manufacturer supply (2015 only),
- Volume Channel distribution split into retail, food service and industrial applications 2015 only
- Local production versus imports at country and regional level for 2015 only
- Product sectors include Feta Cheese segmented into Artisanal, Aseptic Carton, Can/tins, Glass Jar, Plastic Tub and Vacuum Packed.
- The year series is 2010-2015 with forecasts to 2021.
Key Topics Covered:
1.0 Global Feta Style White Cheese Market Size And Forecast
2.0 West Europe
3.0 East Europe
4.0 Middle East And North Africa
7.0 Caucausus And Central Asia
8.0 Latin America
9.0 North America
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c4l8jw/global_feta_2016