MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Exosite, LLC, a leading provider in the Internet of Things (IoT) platform market, today launched ExositeReady Gateway Engine (GWE), a software package that quickly enables secure communication between end nodes, gateways and Exosite’s Murano IoT platform. ExositeReady GWE expedites IoT development associated with this design pattern and includes out-of-the-box features that reduce the risk of data loss and ensure secure communication.
Exosite has a deep understanding of the technical requirements necessary to connect multiple sensor nodes to a central, Internet-enabled gateway, which is common in a wide variety of IoT applications. With application hosting, over-the-air (OTA) updates, message queuing and a pluggable-services interface, GWE provides an essential piece in the IoT ecosystem that shortens development time and enhances security for Exosite partners and customers.
“ExositeReady GWE eliminates the need to start from the ground up and enables organizations to leverage proven, secure gateway-to-platform communication architecture with devices of their choosing,” said Hans Rempel, CEO, Exosite. “Because our customers understand the business value of IoT to manage data through a secure gateway, they are able to make informed decisions regarding their equipment and environment, with the added benefit of saving time and cost.”
GWE also provides built-in connectivity to Murano, which offers infrastructure, device management, application deployment and user integration all in one place. Through GWE, customers have access to a secure and scalable end-to-end IoT ecosystem to develop, deploy and manage connected products for any industry.
ExositeReady GWE will be made available to a variety of partners in the Exosite IoT Alliance (EIA). Initial partners that will offer GWE on their gateway products include MultiTech Systems, Synapse Wireless, MIQ, Janus Remote Communications and exceet/LUCOM.
“ExositeReady GWE bridges the gap to connect IoT devices, sensors, systems, equipment and the cloud,” said Paul Jaeger, technical sales and marketing director, MultiTech. “We look forward to including ExositeReady GWE in our portfolio and sharing the ease of custom application development with our devices on Exosite’s Murano platform.”
ExositeReady GWE Key Features
- Application hosting – GWE allows customers to build and monitor custom gateway applications, control versioning, define restart and fail characteristics, and retrieve debug logs.
- OTA updates – GWE enables customers to remotely install and update gateway firmware or applications using a secure, reliable OTA engine.
- Message queuing – GWE helps customers avoid data loss due to power outages or lossy networks with a flexible, store-and-forward style HTTP server.
- Modular sensor interface – GWE provides default sensor drivers or allows I/O interfaces to be added and extended to meet the demands of each unique implementation.
- Pluggable services interface – GWE provides built-in cloud modules to route device data to Exosite’s Murano platform or easily integrate with other on-premise business and building-management systems.
On September 27-28, Exosite will demo ExositeReady GWE at Sensors Midwest in booth #601.
Pricing & Availability
Based on Exosite’s belief in an open philosophy that empowers customers to own, leverage and customize the use of their data, ExositeReady GWE is available through participating EIA partners under a royalty-free, open-source license. For more information, visit https://exosite.com/resources/exositeready-gwe.
Exosite, LLC, is an IoT software platform company that allows businesses to strategically leverage the revolutionary world of connected devices. Exosite’s cloud-based services enable the world’s leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in consumer, commercial and industrial markets to quickly build and deploy solutions that accelerate the IoT generation of their business. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis with additional offices in North America, Asia and Europe. For more information, visit www.exosite.com.