SWEDESBORO, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wedgewood Pharmacy, the largest U.S. compounding pharmacy specializing in animal health, has introduced Green Rabbit Rx, a new e-prescribing tool, with the new and improved features requested by veterinarians. It is available to licensed veterinarians at Order.WedgewoodPetRx.com.
This sophisticated new prescription tool is the result of significant research and development into expanding the capabilities of the company’s first-to-market e-prescribing tool, introduced in 2012.
The new tool offers these veterinarian-requested features:
- Free standard shipping for any prescriptions billed to the veterinary office, even when shipped directly to a pet owner.
- Improved search functions using predictive auto-completion to quickly locate both pet owners and their pets.
- Improved functionality to allow prescribing multiple medications for a patient and for multiple prescriptions in the same order.
- Integration with the Google auto-complete address database to speed adding new patients to an existing account.
- Fast refill ordering directly from patient-history records to speed refills and reduce errors.
- Ability to compare doses and dosage forms of compounded medications for the most cost-effective version.
- Shipping estimates that show when an order will be shipped, reducing the need for time-consuming telephone follow-ups.
Wedgewood Pharmacy, based in Swedesboro, New Jersey, makes customized medications for people and their pets when FDA–manufactured drugs cannot meet their needs. Compounded medications are prescriptions and medication orders that are written by physicians, veterinarians and other legally authorized prescribers and prepared by specially trained pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. The company serves more than 30,000 prescribers and hundreds of thousands of patients throughout the U.S.
Jennifer Jennings, Customer Care manager of Wedgewood Pharmacy, said, “We care passionately about animal health, so helping veterinary practices spend more time with their clients and patients and save time writing prescriptions is something we take very seriously. We’re grateful to our customers who helped us develop and test this new tool. The response we’ve gotten already is extremely positive.”
Test users nearly unanimously prefer the Green Rabbit Rx e-prescribing tool compared with the tool it replaces. One test user remarked in a user survey, “I thought it was great. It made ordering fast and easy. There are days when I will need to put three to four [prescription] orders in and it will help save time for me.” Another commented that the tool is “very easy to use, especially compared to some of your competitors’ websites.”
About Wedgewood Pharmacy
In June 2016, Chicago-based New Harbor Capital became the majority owner of the company. George (late) and Lucy Malmberg, both pharmacists, purchased Wedgewood Pharmacy in 1981; the pharmacy was founded in 1980. In its 36-year history, the company has grown from a local community pharmacy to become one of the largest compounding pharmacies in the United States, serving more than 30,000 prescribers and hundreds of thousands of patients throughout the U.S. every year with customized animal-health and human-health prescriptions.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is accredited by Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB®) for compliance with PCAB pharmacy compounding accreditation standards. PCAB is a service of Accreditation Commission for Health Care and is a third-party accreditation organization that has developed the highest national standards that providers are measured against in order to illustrate their ability to effectively and efficiently deliver quality compounded medications to consumers.
The company employs more than 300 people in its 40,000-square-foot state-of-the-art compounding pharmacy.
Company and Green Rabbit Rx logos are available at http://bit.ly/2duMl06.