NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Economist Events is pleased to announce that its 2016 Finance Disrupted conference will be held on October 13, 2016, at 10 on the Park at Time Warner Center, in New York City. The conference brings together today's most disruptive entrepreneurs, industry leaders, policymakers and renowned academics to explore the pivotal trends in fintech, and what the digital revolution means for finance and the broader economy.
The conference will cover the latest fintech breakthroughs disrupting business models, including mobile payments, robo-advisors, blockchain, crowd-funding and social media-based credit-scoring. The event will examine where collaborative strategies are most likely to succeed, provide examples of current efforts at collaboration, and discuss lessons learned from other industries that have experienced technological disruption.
“The finance industry is at the start of an unprecedented period of disruption, which will bring big changes to banks, insurers, investment firms and the real economy,” said Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-chief, The Economist. “Established firms and start-ups are both embracing disruptive new technologies, from big data analytics to bitcoin and the blockchain that underpins it. At the Finance Disrupted conference, some of the world’s foremost authorities will discuss the latest innovations, the fierce competition and the case for cooperation.”
Vikram Pandit, Chairman and chief executive, The Orogen Group, and former chief executive, Citigroup, will be the closing keynote interview.
Some of the confirmed speakers at this year's event include:
- Jeremy Allaire, Founder, chairman and chief executive, Circle
- Christian Angermayer, Founder and chief executive, Apeiron Investment Group
- Sheila Bair, Former chair, FDIC; Member of the Board, Avant
- Eileen Burbidge, Partner, Passion Capital; HM Treasury Special Envoy for FinTech, UK Government
- Pete Casella, Partner, Point 72 Ventures
- Thomas Curry, Comptroller of the currency, US Department of the Treasury
- Tilman Ehrback, Partner, Omidyar Network
- Usama Fayyad, Chief data officer, Barclays Bank; Chairman, Oasis500
- Gregory Gibb, Co-chairman and chief executive, Lufax
- Neil Hiltz, Head of Financial Services, Global Vertical Strategy, Facebook
- Adam Ludwin, Co-founder and chief executive, Chain
- Todd McDonald, Co-founder and chief operating officer, R3
- Jeffrey McMillan, Chief analytics and data officer, Morgan Stanley
- Noor Menai, President, Chief executive, CTBC Bank USA
- Nigel Morris, Managing partner, QED Investors; Co-founder, Capital One
- Amy Nauiokas, Founder and chair, Archer Gray; Founder and president, Anthemis
- Michael Novogratz, Former president, Fortress Investment Group
- Brad Peterson, Executive vice-president, chief technology officer, chief information officer, Nasdaq
- Eric Piscini, Principal, Deloitte Consulting
- Tim Schaefer, Executive vice-president, client and digital experience, Northwestern Mutual
- Barry Silbert, Founder and chief executive, Digital Currency Group
- Jonathan Korngold, Managing director, General Atlantic
- Benjamin Qiu, Partner, Loeb & Loeb
- Alexa von Tobel, Founder and chief executive, LearnVest.com
- Igor Tulchinsky, Chief executive, WorldQuant
- Haiyan Wang, Co-founder and managing partner, China India Institute
For more information on the overall event or to register for the conference, please go to http://econ.st/2cCJTn5.
Additionally, you can view the Finance Disrupted blog page, http://www.financedisrupted.com/ for more content and Q&As with some of our panelists or attendees and speakers on Twitter via #FinanceDisrupted.
Deloitte is the event’s platinum sponsor. Deutsche Bank, Digital Reasoning, Omidyar Network, and PwC are silver sponsors. The event PR agency is BackBay Communications.
Supporting organizations include Banking Technology, Fintech Weekly, Digital NYC, Hedge Fund Alert, New York Financial Writers’ Association, United States Council for International Business, California Fintech Network, Crowdfund Insider, 100 Women in Hedge Funds, Empea, Global Risk Insights, and The New York Hedge Fund Roundtable.
The event is open to the media – please contact Tylor Tourville (information below) for media registration details.
About The Economist (www.economist.com)
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful analysis and perspective on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognised and well-read current affairs publications. The paper covers politics, business, science and technology, and books and arts, concluding each week with the obituary.
The Economist Events brings the publication to life. As the leader of debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading issues with an insightful, forward-looking and distinctly global perspective. It provides the necessary tools for business leaders, senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.