NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rabobank, the world’s premier food and agribusiness bank, has selected 20 inventive, cutting-edge food and ag startups from around the world to pitch at FoodBytes! Boulder, a dynamic food and ag pitch competition and networking event that brings together food, food tech and agtech entrepreneurs and startups alongside investors, industry thought leaders and media.
An Airbnb-inspired approach to commercial kitchen space. Sustainable animal feed made from insects that are fed on food waste. Affordable real-time sensors that track perishable food from farm to grocer. These innovations are just a few of the ground-breaking ideas that FoodBytes! Boulder will showcase. Each selected finalist company will give a five-minute pitch to the panel of expert judges, followed by a Q&A with the audience.
The 10 finalist companies to pitch at FoodBytes! Boulder are:
- Biotech Services Senegal – Biotech Services Senegal produces local, organic fertilizer that allows Senegalese farmers to produce more yield using less space, and at lower costs.
- ReGrained – ReGrained "harvests" supergrain from urban craft breweries as a delicious, healthy, and sustainable ingredient.
- FreshSurety – FreshSurety is focused on solving the produce industry’s $200 billion waste problem, using technology that measures and reports the real-time shelf life of fresh food cartons anywhere in the world.
- The Food Corridor – The Food Corridor is an online marketplace for food businesses to connect with available commercial food assets, allowing them to find and book commercial kitchens, equipment, commissaries, processors, co-packers, and food storage spaces.
- Phenospex – Phenospex aims to provide fully automated and integrated plant phenotyping platforms that deliver high quality data and analysis tools in order to extract knowledge to answer scientific questions.
- ProveIt – ProveIt is an R&D company innovating food processing and packaging to make the clean label foods of the future. Provelt designs pasteurization systems using magnetic induction (MI) to replace steam-generated heat to process food products.
- Mad Agriculture – Mad Agriculture harnesses the nutrient recycling abilities of insects to turn food waste into a protein rich feed supplement, lessening dependence on unsustainable ingredients like fishmeal and soy.
- N-CHROMA – N-CHROMA uses state of the art biotechnological methods to develop and commercially produce healthy, sustainable and high quality colors for use in the food, textile and color cosmetic industries.
- One Hop Kitchen – One Hop Kitchen is the world’s first and only insect based Bolognese sauce, an incredibly sustainable source of protein.
- The Honest Stand – The Honest Stand is a gourmet food company that uses whole foods that are non-genetically modified to produce gourmet products that are Vegan, Gluten Free, Paleo, Soy Free, Yeast Free and Cholesterol Free
“The startup companies who apply to pitch at FoodBytes! never cease to amaze me, and Boulder is certainly no exception. As we look towards FoodBytes! Boulder, I’m inspired by the twenty companies that will have a chance to pitch their concept, innovation or product to a room full of industry insiders and thought leaders who live, breathe and work to transform the world of food,” said Manuel Gonzalez, Managing Director, North America Head of Start-Up Innovation (STI) and Founder of FoodBytes!. “FoodBytes! gives these companies – who truly represent the future of food and ag tech – a platform for growth and transformation.”
Rabobank has selected 10 additional companies to give 60-second pitches to kick off of the program at FoodBytes! Boulder including: FROST’D, Good Spread, Vive Organic, Alpine Start Foods, Algama, FarmRaiser, Arizona Organic Urban Veggie, Cowlar by E4 Technologies, Anti-grain Foods and Alfrea.
Click here to buy your tickets for FoodBytes! Boulder, and for ongoing coverage of FoodBytes! Boulder, follow FoodBytes! on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or view curated content via the hashtag #FoodBytes.
Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale and retail banking, leasing, real estate services, and renewable energy project financing. Founded over a century ago, Rabobank is one of the largest banks in the world, with over $750 billion in assets and operations in more than 40 countries. In North America, Rabobank is a premier bank to the food, beverage and agribusiness industry. Rabobank's Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory team is comprised of more than 80 analysts around the world who provide expert analysis, insight and counsel to Rabobank clients about trends, issues and developments in all sectors of agriculture.