BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rapt Media, a national leader in groundbreaking interactive video technology, today announced a new survey report affirming the depth of disengagement among U.S. employees. According to the report, U.S. Employees: Detached, Disengaged, and Disenchanted, respondents feel underappreciated and disconnected, and many believe their internal communications and training programs need significant improvement.
“We’ve all seen the statistics and articles on the dismal state of U.S. employee engagement," said Erika Trautman, founder and CEO of Rapt Media. "Given Rapt Media’s focus on enhancing the company-employee connection through interactive video, we were eager to uncover what’s really behind this phenomenon. Our findings demonstrate that what we’re doing to engage employees simply isn’t working, and also points to specific opportunities for improvement.”
Rapt Media surveyed 400 full-time employees of large organizations in the U.S. to gather insights and opinions about their current employers, company leadership, training materials, and internal communications to provide a snapshot of employee engagement in the American workplace. Key findings include:
- 69% of employees are open to other opportunities or already seeking their next job
- 35% don’t think their employers care about them as a team member or a person
- 57% feel their leaders are detached from the workforce
- 73% have suggestions for improving internal communications
- 60% are bored by their organization’s internal communications
- 44% say internal communications are stagnant and lack innovation with no changes or improvements in the last five years
- 74% forgot some or all of the last mandatory training they completed
- 82% learn better from visual content like video versus static content like PDFs
Results highlight the lack of innovation, personalization, emotional connection and creative thinking in the internal landscape. The report also includes recommendations for business leaders – specifically leaders in human resources and internal communications – to cultivate internal brand loyalty through better content, innovation and authentic employee connections.
“Given that most employees are either open to other opportunities or actively seeking their next job, the unfortunate truth is we can no longer take employee loyalty for granted," said Trautman. "Now more than ever, we must earn that loyalty through better engagement, training and internal communication."
Download the full report to uncover more insights from U.S. Employees: Detached, Disengaged, and Disenchanted.
About Rapt Media
Rapt Media offers compelling alternatives to engage and educate employees and consumers. Our cloud-based interactive video platform enables meaningful participation, resulting in more relevant communication, deeper learning and rapid behavior change.