IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vizient, Inc. is proud to announce the finalists for our fourth annual Innovation Challenge, an event designed to illuminate some of the best new ideas in health care today. The five companies were chosen from a pool of almost sixty submissions spanning 17 states and four countries. Areas of focus include medical devices, genomics, wearables, artificial intelligence and health care IT. The Innovation Challenge will be held at 8 a.m., Friday, September 30, during the Clinical Connections Summit at the Hyatt Regency Dallas.
Part pitch competition, part panel discussion, the Innovation Challenge finalists will each deliver a seven-minute presentation to an expected audience of roughly 2,200 attendees at the Vizient 2016 Clinical Connections Summit. Using real-time polling technology, each audience member gets a vote, and the firm receiving the most votes will be named the Innovation Challenge Winner of 2016 immediately after the presentations.
“The Vizient Innovation Challenge is an interactive and entertaining format that gives our members a firsthand look at five of the most compelling product ideas designed to help improve the quality and delivery of health care in our country,” said Byron Jobe, president, chief administrative and financial officer. “Vizient is a champion of innovation, and we wish all five companies tremendous success during the competition and beyond.”
The five contestants in the Innovation Challenge are:
- SwipeSense - Combines point-of-care hand hygiene with real-time usage data to eliminate dependence on manual observations and increases compliance with infection-control procedures.
- Diagnostic Photonics - The Foresee Imaging System places a live view of tissue microstructure at the physician's fingertips, providing immediate insight into tissue microstructure. With that information in hand, physicians can make more informed decisions and provide better care.
- Silvercloud Health - An interactive platform designed with tools and tactics to empower patients to manage their mental and behavioral health. The platform also offers social and supportive elements to provide the human touch that we associate with face-to-face support. All developed with the most up to date technology.
- 3Derm – Virtual tele-dermatology diagnostics. The 3Derm imaging system captures and delivers the same 3 views a dermatologist uses in an exam room, making remote visits virtually indistinguishable from current practice.
- Tute Genomics - From faster, more accurate laboratory results to better clinical decision making, the Tute Genomics Platform delivers the technology infrastructure and industry compliance your organization needs to build scalable, accessible genomic medicine in-house. The tool stores and manages large repositories of genomic data, validates and launches new diagnostic tests, interprets genomic findings and shares clinical insights within a multidisciplinary team and across an enterprise.
About Vizient, Inc.
Vizient, Inc., the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country, provides innovative data-driven solutions, expertise and collaborative opportunities that lead to improved patient outcomes and lower costs. Vizient serves a diverse membership and customer base which includes academic medical centers, pediatric facilities, community hospitals, integrated health delivery networks and non-acute health care providers and represents almost $100 billion in annual purchasing volume. The Vizient brand identity represents the integration of VHA Inc., University HealthSystem Consortium and Novation, which combined in 2015, as well as the recently acquired MedAssets’ Spend and Clinical Resource Management (SCM) segment, which includes Sg2. In 2016, Vizient received a World’s Most Ethical Company designation from the Ethisphere Institute. Vizient headquarters is based in Irving, Texas, with locations in Chicago and other cities across the United States. Please visit www.vizientinc.com as well as our newsroom, blog, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube pages for more information about the company.