DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Drafting International Commercial Agreements in English" conference to their offering.
Most international agreements are drafted in the English language irrespective of the nationality of contracting parties. Language errors in the text and unclear and inconcise phrasing causes confusion and can ultimately lead to a dispute if it goes unnoticed. Gain a comprehensive understanding of the common pitfalls, key areas of risk and up-to-date drafting techniques in English to ensure you protect your organisation against unnecessary risk.
This programme is a highly interactive skills based course offering in-depth and hands-on training on the understanding, and drafting of international commercial agreements in English. The entire programme is built around practical learning in small groups under the guidance of the expert presenter. Pre-course testing ensures a compatible level of English in the groups. The programme delivered will be adjusted according to the prevailing requirements of the delegates involved. Each participant will receive clear guidelines to structure, formation and content to be used in exercises throughout the programme.
What are the objectives of this programme?
- Learn how to recognise drafting inaccuracies to effectively re-draft poorly written clauses
- Draft effective standard clauses that can be used across the organisation to manage exposure to legal risk
- Understand the principles of using plain English within your contract to reduce uncertainty
- Focus on agreement structure, linguistic clarity and accuracy to draft with confidence
- Discover how to avoid over complex sentences and structures to limit the risk of dispute
- Develop more effective legal writing skills that can be used in all your business communications
- Drafting contracts in clear English
- Structure and terminology of contracts
- Practical Exercise: Drafting Standard Clauses in English
- Practical Exercise: Legal Vocabulary
- Email and letter writing with precision and clarity
- Practical Exercise
- Principles of proof reading legal documents
- Contract drafting
- Legal vocabulary
- Delegate contributions
- Advanced drafting skills
- Legal advice
- Exercises on the use of prepositions and countable nouns in a legal context.
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pwbk9c/drafting
Related Topics: International Trade