SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, today announced the top concerts of the fall season, as determined by sales from its more than 10 million ticket listings per month. Following her top-selling summer position, Adele continues her dominant year by outselling Drake at #2 and Beyoncé at #3 this fall, putting her on pace to outsell pop diva Taylor Swift’s 2015 fall tour schedule and become the top-selling artist of 2016.* In addition, the Desert Trip, a two-weekend festival featuring rock legends, such as The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Neil Young, proves that legacy artists remain a powerful draw, outselling the next-highest fall festival (Austin City Limits) by more than 5 times (530%) and becoming the #2 overall festival for 2016 behind Coachella.
TOP 10 FALL TOURS*
|4. Maroon 5|
|5. Kanye West|
|6. Carrie Underwood|
|7. Temple of the Dog|
|8. Luke Bryan|
|9. Florida Georgia Line|
|10. Keith Urban|
*Based on overall ticket sales on StubHub for shows from Labor Day to Thanksgiving 2016
Fall Music Preview Highlights:
- Adele is outselling Taylor Swift’s fall 2015 tour dates by 40%, with a similar number of shows and smaller venues
- Adele is the top seller this fall in terms of both overall sales and sales per show
- Median ticket prices per genre: POP (Adele, Beyoncé and Maroon 5) - $299; ROCK (Temple of the Dog) - $217; HIP HOP (Drake and Kanye West) - $175; COUNTRY (Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Keith Urban) - $122
- Florida Georgia Line has been the best deal of the fall so far, with a ticket selling for $6 to the group’s show at PNC Music Pavilion in Charlotte on September 10th, while Drake has commanded the highest price of a ticket with over $3,900 spent on a ticket for the artist’s show at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on September 9th
- With only five shows in November, Temple of the Dog makes the top 10 with their highly anticipated reunion tour, offering an average ticket price of $217
- While legacy acts were prevalent on StubHub’s top lists in 2015, Country acts dominate this fall’s list with four of the acts and several falling just past the top 10.
At StubHub, our mission is simple: help fans find fun. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 60 teams in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ:EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.