DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wearable Cameras: Global Market Analysis and Forecasts - 2016 Edition" report to their offering.
In places where there is a clear and well-defined use case, like in the case of sports or public safety, wearable cameras have gained acceptance, but in the case of consumer life-logging where there is continuous capture of a person's day, wearable cameras have found it difficult to gain traction. Along the same lines, wearable camera usage in industrial, enterprise and healthcare applications remains limited.
Sports and adventure cameras, also known as action cameras, remain the biggest driver for wearable camera adoption, although the market is entering an uncertain phase. GoPro is one of the most well-recognized and successful wearable camera companies today, responsible for introducing the action camera. However, GoPro has seen declining sales over the last three quarters with Chinese companies like Xiaomi catching up in terms of quality, while also competing aggressively on price. GoPro's weakness will translate into an opportunity for other vendors, as the market continues to grow, albeit at a slower pace. New exciting technologies like 360 vision, virtual reality (VR), artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, and computer vision will enhance the wearable camera experience, expanding the devices' use cases and applications.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What are the primary use cases for wearable cameras today and how will they evolve over the next few years?
- What are some of the key learnings from GoPro and its domination of the wearable camera market?
- Does GoPro's recent downturn suggest a shrinking action camera market? Is this a cause for concern?
- Who are some of the key players in this market and what strategies should they adopt to ensure long-term success?
- With the negative press around police body cameras in the United States in light of the recent police tensions, what is the future for public safety body cameras?
- Similar to smart glasses, will privacy be a major issue in how wearable cameras are adopted?
- How will 360 vision impact usage of wearable cameras?
What are the implications of improved artificial intelligence and
computer vision techniques on wearable cameras?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Issues
3. Technology Issues
4. Key Industry Players
5. Market Forecasts
6. Company Directory
7. Acronym and Abbreviation List
8. Table of Contents
9. Table of Charts and Figures
10. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
- Digital Ally
- Pinnacle Response
- Taser International
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j26w2k/wearable_cameras