DELAWARE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that its coatings and resins manufacturing facility in Delaware, Ohio, has earned a Gold Level Encouraging Environmental Excellence (E3) Award from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
The Gold Level E3 Awards recognize an organization’s exceptional achievements in, and ongoing commitment to, environmental stewardship. Highlights of the Delaware plant’s environmental initiatives include:
- A comprehensive environmental management system that is certified to the ISO 14001:2004 standard;
- Environment-related awareness training for employees;
- Rapid-improvement workshops to mitigate environmental risks;
- Performance compensation that includes three targets based on environmental stewardship;
- A 13 percent reduction in hazardous waste to landfill and a 59 percent reduction in non-hazardous waste to landfill since 2012;
- A 2.7 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity from a 2012 baseline; and
- An 82 percent increase in recycled materials since 2012.
“At PPG, we are committed to manufacturing products in a responsible manner while reducing our environmental footprint,” said Tom Yurick, PPG environment, health and safety manager for the Delaware plant. “We are very proud to earn an E3 award for our efforts, which are successful due to the dedication and commitment of our people to do what’s right for the environment.”
Earlier this year, the plant received a 2016 Award for Excellence from the Ohio Chemistry Technology Council for a project that increased its recycled materials by 63 percent in 2015. This diverted an additional 24 metric tons of materials from the landfill.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.3 billion in 2015. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.