REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- New StreetPass Mii Plaza Games – A bustling parade of new games and features is headed to StreetPass Mii Plaza! Boost past the competition in Slot-Car Rivals, slay demons midair in Ninja Launcher, invest millions in Market Crashers, nourish an army in Feed Mii and gather explorers to seek out treasures in Mii Trek. This meet ’n’ greet just turned up the heat! Go to StreetPass Mii Plaza and download either Slot-Car Rivals or Market Crashers for free after performing a simple StreetPass Mii Plaza software update. And then purchase any of the remaining new StreetPass Mii Plaza games individually for $2.99 each or as a bundle for $8.99.
- Picross 3D Round 2 + Demo Version – The Picross series has a fresh new layer of paint – and strategy! Chip away at a three-dimensional block puzzle to reveal the object hidden within. Only this time, blocks can be painted with two colors of paint to mold detailed shapes. Enjoy more than 300 puzzles at the Café or even tap compatible amiibo figures to solve 10 more puzzles hiding secret Nintendo characters.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Axiom Verge – In this retro-style action-platform-exploration game from Thomas Happ Games, use the Wii U GamePad controller as your map, a way to easily swap between weapons or for Off-TV Play. A failed scientist dies in an accident, only to awaken in a mysterious alien world. Where is he? How did he get here? And why do the fundamental laws of reality appear broken? Life. Afterlife. Real. Virtual. Dream. Nightmare. It’s a thin line. It’s Axiom Verge. Click here to view the trailer. Axiom Verge is part of the #Nindies Summer Jam, with a special introductory price through Sept. 8 at 8:59 a.m. PT.
Wii Retail on Wii U
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, originally released on the Wii console, boasts realistic sword combat, turning every encounter into a challenge of both brains and brawn. Soar, dive and battle as Link in an epic quest that lays the foundation for the events in the critically acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Rock ’N Racing Off Road DX is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
- Chubbins and Soon Shine are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
- Run Run and Die, Unepic and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 6.
- FreezeME is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $13.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
- Test Your Mind is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.
- STEEL LORDS is 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $7.50) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 28.
- Astral Breakers, Emojikara: A Clever Emoji Match Game and more from Intropy Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 5.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 12.
- Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 8.
- Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
- AiRace Speed, 2 Fast 4 Gnomz and more from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
- Legend of Dark Witch, Tappingo and more games from CIRCLE Ent. are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 22.
- Hyrule Warriors Legends - DLC – Play as new character Toon Zelda by purchasing the new DLC Pack for the Hyrule Warriors Legends game that borrows elements from classic hand-held adventures The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. You can also purchase a Season Pass for the game for $14.99, which grants you access to all previously released DLC, as well as any additional downloadable content as it launches.
- StreetPass Weekend – Fans are invited to celebrate the new StreetPass Mii Plaza updates and games with a special StreetPass Weekend from Sept. 1 to Sept. 5. Just bring a Nintendo 3DS family system to a Nintendo Zone hotspot near you to collect StreetPass tags. And if you’re headed to PAX West, be sure to take your system along! It will be StreetPass central!
Also new this week:
- Word Logic by POWGI – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
- Adventure Labyrinth Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Ping Pong Trick Shot (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- 140 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Alice in Wonderland (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Free Balling (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Games for Toddlers (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- PANDA LOVE (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Piano Teacher (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Skunky B’s Super Slots Saga #1 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Super Hero Math (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Tallowmere (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- The First Skunk Bundle (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console. Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.