NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The prestigious World Energy Awards, which celebrate the outstanding achievements of individuals or organizations in securing a more sustainable energy future, are approaching the submission deadline of September 22. The awards will be announced on October 19 in front of thousands of world leaders in government, business, academics, and finance at the World Energy Forum in New York City.
Since its inception in 2008, the awards program has recognized some of the most innovative and visionary leaders in global energy sustainability. The program accepts submissions across five categories:
- World Energy Policy: Presented to a government official or a head of state for leading national policy that promotes economic, social, and human development of national population, while preserving natural environment or developing sound energy policies.
- World Energy Technology Innovation: Presented to organization or individual for technological breakthrough and innovation that addresses energy accessibility, efficiency, and sustainability.
- World Energy Best Practice: Presented to an exemplary public private partnership or international collaboration for energy, water, and environmental projects of global significance.
- World Energy Humanitarian: Presented to individuals or organizations who exemplify the use of energy or water for humanitarian cause.
- World Energy Environment: Presented to individuals who exemplify the stewardship of the national environment.
Past awards recipients have improved the lives of millions of people with the development of more sustainable ways to power the planet. Previous award winners include:
- Engineers without Borders for technology innovation;
- Government of Vietnam for development of a leading biogas project;
- President of the Republic of Korea for environmental stewardship; and
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority for collaborative project.
Entries should outline the nominee’s achievements or project innovations, via a word document of up to 1,000 words; include up to three photos of the nominee or project and contact information of the nominator. The submission must also clearly state that the photos can be used by the World Energy Forum. Send the nomination materials to email@example.com.
The judging panel consists of the members of the Board of Trustees of World Energy Forum and prominent global experts in energy, water and environment. Additional information about the awards program is available at www.wef2016.org/program/2016-world-energy-awards.
About World Energy Forum
The World Energy Forum is the world’s premier platform for energy leadership, providing a forum for world leaders and experts to collaborate on sustainable solutions to global energy issues. The World Energy Forum represents the interests of business and governments of every size and region to promote strategic relationships and translate ideas into a global marketplace. Access to modern energy services and water are essential for economic and social development worldwide. This year’s campaign of “energy for all” focuses on policy, technology and finance to enhance the global economy, create a sustainable future and deliver the hopes and aspirations of all nations and peoples. World Energy Day, celebrated annually on October 22, was established in 2012 by the World Energy Forum to raise awareness of global energy-related issues.
To register for the World Energy Forum, visit www.wef2016.org/register/.
Corporate, academic and government leaders interested in speaking contact Cristina Cotto-Anderson at CCAnderson@mse-management.com or (203) 545-6597.
Organizations interested in exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities contact Bob Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 622-7019.