POMONA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After setting single-day attendance and charitable donation records in 2015, the LA County Fair ups the ante this year to get even more Southern Californians to embrace their star-spangled, ride-loving, fried food-eating, livestock-petting roots at America’s biggest county fair in terms of acres and fun.
The 94th LA County Fair opens Sept. 2, 2016, and continues daily except Mondays and Tuesdays through Sept. 25. The Fair is open Labor Day.
Instead of just attending the 94th annual celebration at Fairplex in Pomona, the public is being challenged to “Dare to Fair” to get the absolute most out of the Fair’s adventure-packed 487 acres. In fact, for the first time ever, an official Ambassador of Amazing has been revealed to ensure that this year’s Fair guests have their most epic fair experience ever.
New-for-2016 attractions range from three acres of life-size animatronic dinosaurs and a reimagined “Bodies” exhibit to the ultimate hands-on sports experience, an ice-skating, snow-sledding wonderland, walk-through floral paintings and the 16-night End of Summer Concert Series – plus all-new signature food creations exclusive to the LA County Fair.
Five exciting new reasons to return to the LA County Fair in 2016 include:
- Jurassic Planet* – Thirty-five life-sized dinosaurs including a 44-foot-long T-Rex have escaped the Fairplex Bio-Research Facility – but are somehow domesticated enough for public encounters. This three-acre animatronic adventure includes a hands-on dinosaur museum, live shows, fossil prep lab and dig hosted by real paleontologists.
- Our Body: The Universe Within – Go under the skin of human anatomy – literally! – with this fascinating, educational exhibit of 200 uniquely preserved human specimens offering a vibrant, 3D view of our bodies usually reserved just for doctors.
- Let the Games Begin – This year’s immersive experience explores the origins and science of America’s “Big Six” sports – baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer and golf – through elaborately themed displays, hands-on activities and rare memorabilia.
- The Igloo – Chill-out in our Arctic Village with Polar Ice Rink* and Penguin Sled Run* made with real ice and snow! Our Arctic Promenade features cool shopping and an all-ages dance party after 6pm featuring DJ Cool and periodic snow storms.
- Watercolors: The Art of Flowers – 2016’s Flower & Garden Pavilion makeover explores the intersection of watercolors and flowers via real-life re-creations of famous paintings, dramatic walk-through landscapes and classes taught by our floral experts.
This year’s Fair promises a full menu of original Fair foods, including the world premiere of Deep-Fried Hot Sauce, Deep-Fried Bacon S’mores and Deep-Fried Bacon Guacamole, a baconized version of last year’s Deep-Fried Guacamole. The Fair also serves hundreds of other offerings ranging from healthy, organic and locally grown options to the most decadent creations imaginable.
To guarantee that all attractions meet the uncompromising standards of the Fair, an official LA County Fair “Fairdevil” has been designated to ensure the maximum fun factor of this year’s run. The Fair’s first official Ambassador of Fun, this individual is responsible for ensuring that every element of the 94th LA County Fair – from the spiciness of the BBQ sauce for the Giant Turkey Legs to this year’s Pig Races course to the speed of the Gravitron, the Fair’s fastest ride – are up to snuff.
The Fairdevil will represent the Fair in this year’s TV commercials and other advertising, on web and social pages, at community events and at the head of the daily Fair parade on certain days. To see the Fairdevil’s TV spot and Virtual Reality Music Video, go to the LA County Fair YouTube page.
The LA County Fair has launched a partner program called “Dare to Care” that showcases its many charitable activities and public service partnerships, and offers the public a number of tangible ways to give back.
About the LA County Fair – Sept. 2-25, 2016, at Fairplex in Pomona
The 94th anniversary of America’s largest county fair in fun and acreage includes all-new Jurassic Planet, featuring 35 animatronic dinosaurs; a reimagined “Bodies” exhibit; the ultimate hand-on sports experience; a summer ice-skating, snow-sledding village; walk-through floral paintings; the 16-night End of Summer Concert Series; and a carnival midway, farm and exotic animals (including a giraffe!), exclusive food, shopping and entertainment. Closed Mondays (except Labor Day) and Tuesdays.
Visit www.LACountyFair.com for admission, hours and more information, or call (909) 623-3111.
*Nominal incremental entrance or rental fee required