PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RES, the leader in enabling, automating and securing digital workspaces today, at VMworld® 2016, announced its RES ONE Automation Connector for VMware App Volumes™ and cloud management capabilities to accelerate deployments, while lowering costs and increasing workforce productivity.
RES ONE Automation Connector adds benefits for VMware users.
By partnering with RES, VMware customers can take advantage of added benefits such as personalized app management and self-service capabilities. With the RES ONE Automation Connector for VMware App Volumes, organizations can:
- Automatically assign App Stacks to users based on qualifications or identity – facilitating onboarding and role changes.
- Provide users with self-service capabilities. They can find the App stacks they need exactly when they need them, without IT’s manual intervention.
- Automate the return of App Stacks once a user is finished using their App Stacks or being de-provisioned – resulting in cost savings and improving the utilization of resources and licenses.
“VMware App Volumes together with RES ONE delivers App Stacks to the workforce with greater speed and lower cost, increasing both the agility of IT and the productivity of the work force,” said Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager, Desktop Products, End-User Computing, VMware. “IT teams can also deliver apps that are relevant to every worker based on their identities in the system, which tremendously increases the efficiency of app delivery. These capabilities have us really excited about working with RES.”
RES ONE eases cloud management challenges.
Cloud offers a compelling model for organizations looking for scalability, elasticity and cost-effectiveness. But it also presents new management challenges around growing numbers of cloud services, complex hybrid infrastructures and increasing support requests for agile application development.
RES allows enterprises to simplify cloud-based service delivery and access, improve hybrid-cloud management and meet the demands of infrastructure provisioning. At VMworld, RES will showcase its capabilities around:
- Secure access to cloud services: Provision and de-provision access to cloud services based on a worker’s changing access rights. Automatically revoke app access when someone leaves the organization, for example.
- Hybrid cloud management support for the data center: Eliminate many of the manual tasks and complex scripts associated with managing workloads across private and public cloud environments.
- Support for Dev Ops teams: Deliver critical apps more rapidly to the workforce through automated infrastructure requests and automated access provisioning.
- Simplifying and accelerating the move of application workloads to the cloud
“As the trend for enterprises to move towards the cloud increases, we continually see customers who want to leverage the cloud but also need to continue supporting their legacy systems. This is where RES fits in,” said Al Monserrat, CEO, RES. “RES ONE solutions offer hybrid and virtual end-user computing management, security, automation and self-service capabilities that are critical for success and compliance.”
These RES capabilities build on its momentum following recent announcements:
- In May, RES launched new RES ONE solutions for automated workspace delivery and people-centric security.
- In July, RES announced the opening of its new global tech centers in Boston and Bucharest and its new Tech Alliance Program.
Discover more about the RES and VMware partnership.
- Read our blog “Take VMware App Volumes to the next level with RES” for an in-depth look at the RES ONE Automation Connector for VMware App Volumes.
- Learn more about the benefits of the RES and VMware partnership.
RES at VMworld
RES will be available at Booth #464 to conduct demos, share success stories and provide insights on how RES can help you empower your workforce through enabled and secured digital workspaces. VMworld 2016 is at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas from Aug. 28 through Aug. 31.
Learn how RES can protect your organization, and provide the best end user and IT administrator experience for Hybrid and virtual EUC environments!
RES, the leader in digital workspace technology, helps organizations achieve better business results with reduced risks in security and compliance — while making enterprise technology easier and less disruptive for the worker to access. RES takes a people-centric approach to making technology access secure, even in complex multi-device/multi-location scenarios. RES boasts numerous patented technologies, fast time to value, and superior customer support for more than 2,500 companies around the world. RES was named a “Cool Vendor 2015” by Gartner, Inc., for the innovative capabilities of its RES ONE Service Store. For more information, visit www.res.com, contact your preferred RES partner, or follow updates on Twitter @ressoftware.
VMware, VMware App Volumes and VMworld are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.