ISELIN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--eG Innovations today announced a major upgrade to its flagship eG Enterprise suite, extending its industry-leading automated diagnosis capabilities to include end-to-end management of performance problems that originate within the application code. This release adds significant new functionality for organizations that depend on enterprise and web applications for operational productivity and revenue growth, enabling complete service-delivery quality management through IT-wide performance awareness. For these organizations, eG Enterprise 6.2 offers the ability to instantly pinpoint performance bottlenecks across all IT business units and functional silos, vastly increasing efficiency and strategic flexibility.
“eG Enterprise 6.2 represents an important milestone for both the marketplace and for eG Innovations,” remarked Srinivas Ramanathan, chief executive officer of eG Innovations. “For enterprise customers, the ability to instantly receive clear answers for application performance problems across all departments provides unprecedented opportunities for cost savings and predictable, sustainable customer-service excellence. For eG Innovations, merging automatic performance diagnosis throughout an IT infrastructure with total application performance visibility – – from real-user monitoring to business transaction tracing – elevates our offering to a new level of value for organizations of all sizes and requirements.”
eG Enterprise is an integrated suite of dashboards, infrastructure topology-views, drill-downs, reports and automatic alerts that, together, offer the industry’s only fully virtualization-aware, end-to-end IT performance monitoring solution. Beyond just metrics, eG Enterprise’s patented auto-correlation technology diagnoses performance issues across the physical and virtual infrastructure, making the identification of root causes very easy and efficient, improving customer support and enabling fully proactive performance management.
The release of eG Enterprise 6.2 adds many new capabilities and feature enhancements, including:
- Real User Monitoring (RUM): RUM offers complete, real-time visibility into user-perceived performance. A graphical dashboard helps to quickly identify if user-experience performance issues are being caused by the client, network, content or server.
- Java Business Transaction Monitoring.: eG Enterprise now provides code-level application performance visibility, implemented as a tag-and-follow approach with an easy-to-use topology view. Transaction monitoring traces the precise time spent in every infrastructure tier, including Java code, SQL statements, third party calls, and more.
- Virtualization monitoring improvements: These include inside-outside monitoring support for Citrix XenServer 7 and VMware Horizon 7, including the new VMware Blast protocol.
- Citrix monitoring enhancements: Key advancements include the new Citrix Logon Simulator, GPU monitoring enhancements for application-level insight, visibility into active/idle times of user sessions in XenApp and XenDesktop, granular insights into the health of ICA sessions to virtual desktops via NetScaler Insight, and much more.
- Additional platform and application coverage: Adding to a list of 180+ applications, 10+ operating systems, and 10+ platforms supported, eG Enterprise 6.2 includes new platform support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft Exchange 2016. New applications supported include the WildFly application server and Progress database server. Network and storage device support is expanded as well.
- Expanded analytics capabilities: New insights include Performance Rating, a customizable, composite metric that provides administrators with easy access to the most tailored and relevant performance indicators possible, plus many new pre-built reports for increased visibility and targeted analysis.
eG Enterprise 6.2 will be available in October 2016. To learn more, visit eG Innovations’ website. For an exclusive preview, visit eG Innovations on-site at VMworld 2016 US, Booth #2355.
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations is dedicated to helping businesses across the globe transform IT service delivery into a competitive advantage and a center for productivity, growth and profit. Many of the world's largest businesses use eG Enterprise Universal Insight and Correlative Intelligence technologies to enhance IT service performance, increase operational efficiency, ensure IT effectiveness and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners.