SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitbit (NYSE:FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced new software features to Fitbit Blaze™, including extended smartphone notifications, Reminders to Move and new clock faces that provide an even smarter, more motivating and more personalized fitness experience. Fitbit also unveiled new, stylish designs, including a Special Edition Gold series plus other premium textures and finishes, for its top-selling Fitbit Alta™ and Fitbit Blaze devices, and accessory options from leading fashion brands PUBLIC SCHOOL, Simply Vera Vera Wang for Kohl’s and Tory Burch.
Since the devices launched earlier this year, Alta and Blaze have risen to be top-selling products in their categories according to NPD Group. For the second quarter of 2016, Blaze was the #1 selling fitness watch in the U.S., while Alta was the #2 selling fitness tracker and wearable in the U.S., after Fitbit Charge HR™1. In addition, Alta and Blaze have achieved strong rankings and have a 4-star or better rating on Amazon in the U.S.2
“Creating Fitbit products consumers love and find indispensable is as much about advancing the innovative features and performance of the product as it is about designing how well it fits into wardrobes, lifestyles and moods,” said Tim Rosa, VP of Global Marketing. “The latest software update to Blaze provides consumers with more motivating features, plus added personalization so they can stay connected with smart features that matter most to them. Combined with our new premium designs for both Alta and Blaze, we are continuing to build on the popularity of our products with more style choices and features that provide more usefulness than ever before so that consumers can wear them day and night.”
The Smart Fitness Watch Gets Smarter, More Motivating
Fitbit is delivering new features in September to all Fitbit Blaze users through a free software update that will enhance your fitness experience by helping you stay more active, keep you more connected to what matters most, and give you new ways to personalize your tracker.
- Reminders to Move help you stay active and reduce stationary time. Now available on display with real-time progress tracking, the friendly messages and vibrational prompts can be personalized to your schedule to help motivate you to meet a mini-step goal of 250 steps each hour (approximately 2-3 minutes of walking), and will congratulate you when you achieve the goal.
- Extended Smart Notifications help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Now, notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and a vibrating alert, including notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more; plus, you have the option to customize which notifications you receive.
- New Clock Faces give you more ways to change the look of your tracker with five new clock faces, bringing the total to nine that you can choose from to further personalize your Blaze.
Special Edition Gold Series – More Versatility to Fit Your Style
Fitbit is expanding its Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Blaze product lines with its highly-anticipated Special Edition Gold Series, featuring luxury 22-karat gold-plated materials for an elevated, elegant look. New premium leather bands and contemporary leisure nylon bands will also be available for Fitbit Blaze.
- Alta Special Edition Gold Series ($149.95) – features a hand-polished shiny tracker available with a black or pink classic fitness band. Then, transform your tracker into statement jewelry with the new Alta Luxe Metal Bangle in shiny gold-plated stainless steel ($129.95).
- Alta Luxe Metal Bangle in hand-polished silver stainless steel ($99.95) is also available to pair with your silver Alta tracker, creating a chic piece of jewelry.
- Blaze Special Edition Gold Series ($229.95) – includes a premium gold satin-finished stainless steel frame with a slim pink tapered fitness band for those seeking a thinner profile. Or, pair any Blaze device with just the individual gold frame and tapered, slim black or pink accessory fitness band ($99.95).
- Additional Blaze accessories include a new slim, premium camel leather band with a silver stainless steel frame ($99.95), as well as a new leisure collection of nylon bands in khaki and olive ($39.95, frame not included).
New Designer Collection Accessories
Fitbit continues to embrace strategic partnerships with leading fashion designers and brands that allow you to express your personal style while leading a healthy and active life – without having to choose between your fitness and your style:
Debuted at New York Fashion Week in February, the PUBLIC
SCHOOL for Fitbit collection blends aspirational runway fashion
with edgy, urban street-style in approachable luxury pieces.
Accessories for Fitbit Alta include:
- Axis Accessory Band ($295): A hand-polished, stainless steel tapered link watchband inspired by speed, power and motion offers an untraditional take on a classic timepiece.
- Type III Paracord Bracelet ($175): Braided, black nylon bracelet features custom gunmetal hardware for a military-inspired accessory blending athletic and rugged aesthetics.
- WNL Print Band ($39.95): A sleek monotone black band embossed with PUBLIC SCHOOL’s inspirational brand mantra “When Nobody’s Looking” to keep motivation one look away.
- Quill Print Band ($39.95): Featuring PUBLIC SCHOOL’s iconic feather print in olive for a bold, yet low-key look perfect for a workout or a night out.
- The highly-anticipated PUBLIC SCHOOL premium designs will be available in October for pre-order at Fitbit.com and in November at select retailers, with printed bands available in 2017.
New to the Fitbit line-up, the Simply
Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta collection is inspired by Vera
Wang’s signature design philosophy to create classic everyday
accessories balancing modern design with sophisticated elegance. Available
in October exclusively at Kohl’s
stores nationwide and Kohls.com, the collection includes:
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Metal Bracelet ($79.99): Silver-tone metal links with a fold-over clasp offers a casual, classic chain link style bracelet option for versatile wear.
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Double Wrap Leather Bracelet ($79.99): Featuring smooth, black or navy genuine leather with silver stone pyramid flanking the tracker and a buckle closure, this style is lightweight for everyday wear.
- Simply Vera Vera Wang for Fitbit Alta Double Wrap Leather & Metal Bracelet ($79.99): Incorporating silver-tone metal links and smooth, black or navy genuine leather with a buckle closure, this double wrap bracelet is both feminine and edgy.
- In 2017, Tory Burch and Fitbit will build on the success of their partnership with unique new styles. Reflecting the elegant and classic sensibility that is signature to Tory Burch, the versatile pieces will transform Fitbit Alta into a super-chic accessory for work or weekend, day or evening. Since revolutionizing the wearables market with the Fitbit Flex collection in 2014, the Tory Burch for Fitbit collection has received a tremendous response for its striking balance of fitness and fashion.
Fitbit Alta and Blaze Special Edition Gold Series and other accessories noted above from Fitbit are available for pre-order presale today on Fitbit.com and tomorrow at major North American retailers online, such as Amazon, Best Buy, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom and Target. The Special Edition Gold Series will be available globally at major retailers in September, with Fitbit Alta bangles in silver and gold available in October and November, respectively.
Fitbit also announced two new wearables today, Fitbit Charge 2™ and Fitbit Flex 2™, as well as Fitbit Adventures – an immersive new Challenge feature within the Fitbit® app available across the full Fitbit platform of products; see details at www.fitbit.com/press. For more information on Fitbit products and services, please visit www.fitbit.com.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE:FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leader in the connected health and fitness category, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge®, Fitbit Blaze™, Fitbit Charge 2™, Fitbit Charge HR™, Alta™, Fitbit Charge™, Fitbit Flex 2™, Fitbit Flex®, Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Aria® Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in 54,000 retail stores and in 64 countries around the globe. Fitbit Group Health uses the power of the Fitbit activity trackers, software, and services to deliver innovative solutions for corporate wellness, weight management, insurance and clinical research.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the US and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve risks and uncertainties including, among other things, statements regarding Fitbit’s partnerships with PUBLIC SCHOOL, Simply Vera Vera Wang and Tory Burch and the future retail availability of designer collection accessories. These forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual results due to a variety of factors, including the effects of the highly competitive market in which we operate, including competition from much larger technology companies; any inability to successfully develop and introduce new products, features, and services or enhance existing products and services; product liability issues, security breaches or other defects; and other factors discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in our most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained herein are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and we do not assume any obligation to update these statements as a result of new information or future events.
1 The NPD Group, Retail Tracking Service, Apr–Jun 2016, Digital Fitness Devices, Wearable Device Type: Watch, Units & The NPD Group, Retail Tracking Service, Apr–Jun 2016, Digital Fitness Devices, Smart Watches, Units.
2 Amazon.com, August 15, 2016