MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Miami Beach Community Health Center (MBCHC) is one of only 70 health centers (of 1,375 nationally) to have received the National Quality Leader Award from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). MBCHC is recognized as exceeding national clinical quality benchmarks for chronic disease management, preventive care, and perinatal/prenatal care. “With this award HRSA recognizes the hard work and efforts of our providers and staff to provide the best possible care to our patients,” said Trudy Pacheco, Director of Grant and Project Development. National Quality Leaders are the highest performers compared to national standards and benchmarks in key clinical areas.
MBCHC was also recognized for:
- Reporting clinical measures on the full universe of patients using electronic health records
- Demonstrating improvements in one or more clinical measures
- Having the highest clinical performance compared to its health center peers using risk adjusted quartile rankings
- Increasing the total number of patients served and the number of patients receiving comprehensive services between 2014 and 2015
- Meeting or exceeding Healthy People 2020 goals by each race/ethnic group, or made marked advances in moving each race/ethnic group towards the Healthy People 2020 goals.
HRSA awarded over $100M in Quality Improvement funds to health centers based upon high levels of performance in one or more of the following categories: Improving Quality of Care, Advancing Health Equity, Maintaining Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition, Enhancing Access to Care, and Delivering Value. Funding comes from the Affordable Care Act’s Community Health Center fund. MBCHC will reinvest funds awarded in its continuous quality improvement process, expanding systems and infrastructure to improve the delivery of primary care services for its patients.
About Miami Beach Community Health Center: Since 1977, MBCHC has been dedicated to helping the uninsured and underinsured in South Florida obtain affordable, quality medical care. MBCHC is the only full-service ambulatory care health center in Miami Beach offering patients a sliding fee schedule. MBCHC is recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and a Primary Care Medical Home by the Joint Commission. Visit www.mbchc.org for more information.
About the Health Resources Services Administration: HRSA, an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving access to health care by strengthening the health care workforce, building healthy communities and achieving health equity. HRSA’s programs provide health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable. Visit www.hrsa.gov for more information.