DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Technology Investment Priorities in Mining in Asia-Pacific 2016" report to their offering.
Overall trends in the data revealed:
- Over 60% of mines have already invested in tire monitoring, fleet management, shift optimization, energy management, predictive maintenance, and environmental monitoring technologies.
- The greatest increases in penetration over the last two years have been in real-time video training and environmental monitoring technologies.
- UAVs/drones currently have the lowest penetration of the technologies examined with only 17% of mines having invested to date; however, a significant increase is expected over the next two years.
- The commodity sector is expected to have the greatest increase in technology penetration over the next 2 years in the precious metals sector whilst India offers the best opportunities for vendors as does the largest company segment with revenues greater than US$10 billion.
- Surpac is by far the most used software nominated by 29% of the mines. This was followed by Minex with 15% and MineScape with 10%.
This report provides a detailed analysis of investment intentions across different areas of technology in the Asia-Pacific industry. The analysis is based upon the survey of over 110 mine general maintenance and procurement managers including other mine-site and corporate decision-makers. The focus is on what technologies mines currently have and in which technologies they are planning to invest over the next two years.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Technology Investment Trends in Asia-Pacific
2.1 Technology Investment Comparison and Trends
2.2 Scheduling and Shift Optimization (Including Haulage and Dynamic Dispatching)
2.3 Fleet Management and Vehicle Monitoring
2.4 Tire Monitoring
2.5 Environmental Monitoring and Emissions Management
2.6 Collision Avoidance and Proximity Detection
2.7 Fatigue Management
2.8 Real-Time Video Training
2.9 Remote Control Equipment and Machine Automation
2.11 Predictive Maintenance
2.12 Energy Management and Optimization
3 Preferences for Software Platforms
3.1 Top Software by Commodity Group
4 Priorities For Future Technology Investments
4.1 Priorities for Technology Investments by Commodity Group
4.2 Priorities for Technology Investments in India, Indonesia and the Philippines
- Wenco International Mining
- GE Mining
- Hexagon Mining
- Becker Electronics
- Joy Global
- Advanced Mining Technologies
- FLIR Systems
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tggwcn/technology
Related Topics: Mining