PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lincoln Financial Network (LFN), the retail wealth management affiliate of Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC), today announced the retirement of Larry Phillips and appointment of Peter Giaccio as chief executive officer of The Resource Group (TRG), a nationwide network of the top 200 planners within LFN’s independent broker-dealer, Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA).
After 48 years in the financial services industry, Phillips, who served as chief executive officer of TRG beginning in 2000, retired on June 30, 2016. Giaccio, who assumed the role on July 1, 2016, will lead TRG in their mission to collaborate, share intellectual capital and partner with home office executives and committee concierge support to help drive practice development among advisors and provide industry-leading service to clients.
“Larry was an indispensable leader to The Resource Group since he joined our organization 16 years ago,” said David Stone, immediate past chairman of the TRG Board of Directors. “He helped bring together great minds that allow us to provide advisors with greater intellectual capital to continue serving clients in a constantly evolving financial services environment. We thank him for his many years of service and look forward to Pete’s strong leadership.”
Giaccio joined Lincoln in 2004. Prior to his role as chief executive officer of TRG, Giaccio served as vice president of Strategic Market Access for Lincoln Financial Network, responsible for LFA’s Market Access Program. Additionally, he managed the LFA real estate strategy and held a leadership position within LFN’s Distribution Transformation. During this time, Giaccio sat on TRG’s Board as a corporate liaison for 10 years.
Additionally, TRG’s 2016 Board of Directors was announced during the group’s annual meeting. The Board consists of the following LFA affiliated advisors:
- Anne Machesky, chairman of the board (Sagemark Consulting, Edina, Minn.)
- Paul Gydosh, CFP®, CRPC®, vice chairman and Marketing Committee chair (Kensington Wealth Partners, Columbus, Ohio)
- David Stone, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®, CRPC®, immediate past chairman of the board (Stone Consulting Group, Roseville, Calif.)
- J Todd Anderson, CFP®, Gen2/Recruiting Committee chair (Sagemark Consulting, Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Craig Bartlett, CFP®, CRPC®, Generational Wealth Planning chair (Wealth by Design, Paramus, N.J.)
- Karl Brantley, CRPC®, LUTCF, Retirement Solutions Committee chair (Retirement Planning Group, LLC, Eugene, Ore.)
- Derek B. Ferriera, CFP®, CLU®, ChFP®, REBC®, Market Access Committee chair (C Solutions, Campbell, Calif.)
- Celeste Gurule, CFP®, Field Management Liaison (Advisor Based Sales/Lincoln Financial Advisors, San Ramon, Calif.)
- Alex Harrison, RFC, Investment Committee chair (Sagemark Consulting, Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Bruce Linger, CFP®, CRPC®,CCPS®, Compliance Committee chair (Lincoln Financial Advisors, Paramus, N.J.)
- Philip Moshier, CFP®, CRPC®, AEP®, Practice Management Committee chair (Sagemark Consulting, Solon, Ohio)
- Jeff Nelson, CFP®, ChFC®, Insurance Committee chair (Sagemark Consulting, Overland Park, Kan.)
- Dianna Parker, CFP®, Annual Meeting Committee chair (Sagemark Consulting, Dallas, Texas)
- Darrin Shallcross, CFP®, CRPC®, ChFC®, Technology Committee chair (Shallcross Financial Planning, Chicago, Ill.)
- Dan Whittenburg, CFP®, Financial Planning Committee chair (Whittenburg Wealth Partners, Salt Lake City, Utah)
After many dedicated years of service to the board, the following individuals have retired from TRG’s Board of Directors this year:
- Stewart Viets, CFP®, 2012 - 2016 (Sagemark Consulting, Napa, Calif.)
- Cindy Deavel, CFP®, 2013 – 2016 (Deavel Wealth Advisors, Vienna, Va.)
- Rick Weinerman, 2013 - 2016 (Sagemark Consulting, Detroit, Mich.)
- Michael Lockwood, CFP®, CRPC®, 2005-2008, 2012 - 2016 (Lincoln Financial Advisors, Irvine, Calif.)
- Mike May, CFP®, ChFC®, 2012 – 2016 (Lincoln Financial Advisors, Chicago, Ill.)
About The Resource Group
The Resource Group (TRG) is a nationwide network of the top 200 planners within LFN’s independent broker-dealer, Lincoln Financial Advisors (LFA). The goal of TRG is to collaborate, share intellectual capital – including financial planning expertise, resources, networking opportunities, and practice management strategies – and partner with home office executives and committee concierge support to help drive practice development among advisors and provide industry-leading service to clients.
About Lincoln Financial Network
Lincoln Financial Network is the marketing name for the retail sales and financial planning affiliates of Lincoln Financial Group and includes Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation, both members of FINRA and SIPC. Consisting of approximately 8,500 representatives, agents, and full-service financial planners throughout the United States, Lincoln Financial Network professionals can offer financial planning and advisory services, retirement services, life products, annuities, investments, and trust services to affluent individuals, business owners, and families.