LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NextGen Crowdfunding – a new company that helps startups connect with both entry-level and experienced investors – announces that investor commitments into Title III equity crowdfunding campaigns that have met their minimum goals have surpassed $5 million. NextGen is tracking Title III companies through the “NextGen Dashboard,” which displays progress of investor commitments since the new SEC crowdfunding regulations took effect in May.
The new Title III rules – also known as “Regulation Crowdfunding” – enable even first-time investors to fund startups online with as little as a few hundred dollars of investments. Using Title III crowdfunding, companies are able to raise up to $1 million.
“It’s encouraging to see how both entrepreneurs and investors are embracing equity crowdfunding,” said Aubrey Chernick, founder of NextGen Crowdfunding. “This new era of crowdfunding is creating powerful opportunities for both investors and startups.”
The Title III crowdfunding companies with Investor Commitments that have passed their minimum goals as of the time of this announcement are:
- BeerFit: Endurance event production company featuring America's Beer Run – nearly $28,000
- Beta Bionics, Inc.: “Bionic pancreas” to manage blood sugar levels – $1,000,000
- Cleveland Whiskey LLC: Distillery that creates speed-aged spirits in just 24 hours – nearly $308,000
- Everipedia, Inc.: A free, easy to use wiki and commenting platform – nearly $78,000
- Hawaiian Ola Brewing Corporation: Local farmers produce sustainable crops – $100,000
- Hops and Grain Production, LLC: Sustainable craft brewery & taproom – $1,000,000
- Legion M Entertainment, Inc.: Fan-owned entertainment company – $1,000,000
- MF Fire: A fire technology company leveraging advanced combustion science to engineer superior fire products – nearly $146,000
- MobileSpike, Inc.: Allows law enforcement officers to stop pursuits from the safety of their vehicle – over $112,000
- My Trail Company, PBC: Outdoor apparel and equipment company – more than $160,000
- N1CE: Packaged frozen cocktails – over $112,000
- Native Hostel Austin LLC: Upscale youth hostel – nearly $397,000
- Red Bay Coffee Company: Wholesale specialty coffee, hand-roasted in Oakland, CA – over $98,000
- Shape Scale Inc.: A scale that scans your body in 3D to show changes in your body and appearance – nearly $94,000
- SlingFin, Inc.: Building a world class outdoor brand starting from the top of Mt. Everest – nearly $68,000
- Snapwire: Connects mobile photographers with businesses and brands that need creative imagery – more than $97,000
- SpeakEasy: Nightclub, bar, cabaret and casino in San Francisco – over $369,000
Important information on chart data and accuracy can be found here.
About NextGen Crowdfunding
NextGen Crowdfunding helps Americans explore the new era of equity crowdfunding. With unique in-person events and live streaming video content, NextGen enables individuals to discover, research and support specific companies launching crowdfunding campaigns. NextGen’s unique Ignition Events showcase the companies and emerging businesses presenting equity crowdfunding campaigns. NextGen also provides educational content, including online webinars, boot camps and videos, to inform the public about equity crowdfunding. NextGen also provides education to, and visibility for, companies with equity crowdfunding campaigns. As a purpose-driven company, NextGen aims to encourage entrepreneurship and help spark a new economy. Visit www.nextgencrowdfunding.com.