Metal Tiger Plc
("Metal Tiger" or the "Company")
MOD Resources Investment Update
Metal Tiger plc (LON:MTR) the London Stock Exchange AIM listed investor in strategic natural resource opportunities is pleased to announce an update with regard the Company’s investment in MOD Resources (ASX:MOD).
- Metal Tiger currently holds 67,833,333 MOD shares valued at present at A$3,256,000 (circa £1,930,000) at today’s ASX closing price of A$0.048;
- Metal Tiger also holds 29,166,666 warrants with an exercise price of A$0.01 (expiry 1.5.18) and 1,541,667 warrants with an exercise price of $A0.06 (expiry 15.4.19);
- Metal Tiger’s paper margin at present on in-the-money warrants amounts to A$1,108,333 (approximately £657,000);
- The total value of Metal Tiger’s equity holdings in MOD, together with the paper margin on warrants is approximately £2,587,000 against an original total acquisition cost of circa £313,000;
- Metal Tiger’s is therefore currently showing a paper gain of £2,274,000 on its investment, representing a return of circa 625% to date;
- Metal Tiger also holds a 30% interest in 14 licences in the Kalahari Copper Belt in Botswana, in Joint Venture with MOD Resources;
- The Joint Venture is currently in an active exploration phase in Botswana with assay results and general exploration updates now being provided to market on a regular basis;
- The project activities include resource drilling to enable the quantification of a maiden resource at the T3 project in the near term.
Paul Johnson Chief Executive Officer of Metal Tiger commented: “We are pleased to confirm the valuation uplift in our holding in MOD Resources. The uplift in MOD Resources’ share price has been achieved through market recognition of the significant copper/silver discovery in Botswana announced earlier this year and the substantial flow of positive exploration data that has been published to the market thereafter.
The smooth operations now underway are delivering a regular feed of exploration data to market and Metal Tiger is grateful to MOD resources for their exceptional effort in building a ground operations team so expeditiously following the initial discovery.
The increasing valuation of MOD Resources adds considerably to the value of the Company’s equity and warrant portfolio and has materially increased the working capital of Metal Tiger.
More importantly however, Metal Tiger’s 30% direct interest in the 14 licence portfolio where the T3 discovery was made, is an increasingly valuable part of our business and we look forward to further progress as the Joint Venture builds its activities in Botswana.
We anticipate further market updates in respect of Botswanan exploration progress in the near term.”
Metal Tiger - MOD Resources Investment Summary
On 13 January 2016 Metal Tiger announced that it had invested A$350,000 to acquire 58,333,333 MOD shares at a price of A$0.006 per share and was also granted 29,166,666 ASX-listed options with an exercise price of A$0.01 each and an expiry date of 1 May 2018.
Metal Tiger also announced on 20 April 2016 that it had invested a further A$99,999.99 to acquire an additional 3,333,333 MOD shares at AS0.03 per share to maintain its proportionate holding in MOD Resources.
On 19 July 2016 Metal Tiger announced that it had invested A$148,000.01 in the MOD rights issue to acquire an additional 6,166,667 new MOD shares and was granted 1,541,667 unlisted options with an exercise price of A$0.06 each and an expiry date of 15 April 2019.
For further information on the Company, visit: www.metaltigerplc.com:
|Paul Johnson (Chief Executive Officer)||Tel: +44 (0)7766 465 617|
|Terry Grammer (Non- Executive Chairman)||Tel: +44 (0)207 099 0738|
Spark Advisory Partners Limited
Tel: +44 (0) 2033 683 555
Tel: +44 (0) 1483 413 500
Notes to Editors:
Metal Tiger plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM Market (“AIM”) with the trading code MTR and invests in high potential mineral projects with a precious and strategic metals focus.
The Company’s target is to deliver a very high return for shareholders by investing in significantly undervalued and/or high potential opportunities in the mineral exploration and development sector timed to coincide, where possible, with a cyclical recovery in the exploration and mining markets. The Company’s key strategic objective is to ensure the distribution to shareholders of major returns achieved from disposals.
Metal Tiger’s Metal Projects Division is focused on the development of its key project interests in Botswana, Spain and Thailand. In Botswana Metal Tiger has a growing interest in the large and highly prospective Kalahari copper/silver belt. In Spain Metal Tiger the Company has tungsten and gold interests in the highly mineralised Extremadura region. In Thailand Metal Tiger has expanding interests over licences, applications and critical historical data covering antimony, copper, gold, silver, lead and zinc opportunities.
The Company has access to a diverse pipeline of new opportunities focused on the natural resource sector including physical resource projects, new natural resource centred technologies and resource sector related fintech opportunities. Pipeline projects deemed commercially viable may be undertaken by Metal Tiger or by an ISDX or AIM partner with whom the Company is engaged.
Metal Tiger also has an Asset Trading Division that holds various financial instruments for trading purposes including equities, warrants and royalty income. The aim of the division is to generate profits to reinvest into the Company’s project based activities.