In 2015, the global embedded automotive navigation system shipment was estimated at 23.9 million sets, with the market size of USD21.6 billion; in 2016, the shipment will reach 25.3 million sets, with the market size up to USD22.6 billion.
From January to May of 2016, China preinstalled 2.074 million sets of car navigation; in 2016, the figure will exceed 5 million sets and hit 5.563 million sets.
Currently, Chinese car navigation map OEMs include NavInfo, AutoNavi (AMAP) and eMapgo Technologies (Beijing); aftermarket map companies embrace Careland, Ritu and NavInfo, among which, NavInfo and Careland occupy the majority of market share in the OEM market and the aftermarket respectively.
In the next few years, China's preinstalled car navigation will jump year by year, with the expected amount of 9.55 million sets by 2020 and the CAGR of 15% in 2016-2020.
The increase of preinstallation is driven by the two below:
1. The navigation installation ratio of vehicle models for sale increases steadily
As of May 2016, 4,724 models of passenger cars had been on sale in the Chinese market, including 1,782 models equipped with navigation systems, with the installation ratio of 37.7%; among them, Haval's 130 models had been equipped with navigation systems with the installation ratio of 85%, ranking first. Independent brands, such as Haval, Chang'an, Geely and BYD, played main roles in promoting navigation systems.
2. Automotive navigation has spread gradually from medium and high-end vehicle models to low-end models.
In terms of the navigation installation ratio of vehicle models on sale, 1,245 models tagged with the unit price of RMB200,000 or less were equipped with navigation in May 2016, compared with 1,004 models in January; correspondingly, the navigation installation ratio ascended from 31.1% to 32.7%. This shows that Chinese car navigation has spread gradually from medium and high-end vehicle models to low-end models.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Development of Global and China Car Navigation Industry
3 Main Navigation Map Providers in China
4 Main Navigation Equipment Manufacturers in China
5 Foreign Companies
- AutoNaviSoftware Co., Ltd.
- Beijing BDStar Navigation Co., Ltd.
- Beijing UniStrong Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- CHINAGPS Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu CORPRO Technology Co., Ltd.
- China Spacesat Co., Ltd.
- eMapgo Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- FlyAudio Corporation
- Foryou Group
- Guangdong Coagent Electronics S&T Co., Ltd
- Harman International
- Hi-target Navigation Tech Co., Ltd.
- Hwa Create Corporation
- Mio Technology Limited
- RITU Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Hangsheng Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Link-Create Technology Co., Ltd.
- Skypine Electronics (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd
- Wanlida Group Co., Ltd.
- Zhonghengxunshi Technology Development Co., Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qlw2jg/china_car