PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The EQT Foundation awarded grants during the first and second quarters of 2016 totaling more than $1.3 million to approximately 43 non-profit organizations located in Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Kentucky. The funding assists programs and organizations focused on education, community & economic development, environment, and arts & culture throughout EQT Corporation’s operating areas.
As the charitable arm of EQT Corporation, a Pittsburgh-based integrated energy company, the EQT Foundation helps communities prosper by supporting education for our children – especially in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) disciplines; encouraging the development of diverse neighborhoods; supporting the environment and preservation of local natural resources; and sponsoring local programs that promote greater understanding and appreciation of arts and culture.
A partial list of EQT Foundation grant recipients for the first half of 2016 include:
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank distribution of fresh produce to people in need of assistance in Greene and Washington counties
- Carnegie Mellon University underwriting for Summer Academy for Math & Science (SAMS) program for high school junior and senior students
- Community College of Allegheny County Educational Foundation support for the institution’s 50th anniversary
- Program to Aid Citizen Enterprise (PACE) underwriting for annual Inclusive Voices luncheon
- City Theatre Company funding to support the Young Playwrights Program
- National Youth Science Foundation support for Youth Science Discovery Experience field trips for Wetzel and Doddridge County middle school students
- Keep Wetzel County Beautiful for advancing environmental education and stewardship to promote a clean, green community
- American Heart Association for a continuation of funding for Have a Heart…..Save a Life program, as well as funding for CPR in Schools program
- West Virginia Symphony Orchestra underwriting of Young People’s Concerts in the Fairmont and Morgantown areas
- Parkersburg Area Community Foundation Doddridge County Backpack Feeding program, which provides food for the weekends for qualifying school children PreK-12
- Eolia Christian Community Outreach Inc. underwriting of operational costs for programs to support community
About EQT Foundation:
Since the EQT Foundation was established in 2003, it has donated more than $37 million throughout EQT’s operating areas. EQT Corporation and the EQT Foundation are committed to the social and economic vitality of our operating regions. Together with a variety of non-profit organizations, the EQT Foundation develops strong partnerships that enrich the diversity and viability of our communities, sustain the principles of continuous learning, and focus on environmental protection efforts. For more information, please see https://www.eqt.com/our-communities/eqt-foundation.