This Global Phosgene Market Report report covers the global production and market volume for phosgene. Phosgene is a toxic gas used in the production of various derivatives that are further used in the production of chemicals for a range of industries.
Phosgene derivatives are used in a range of industries such as the production of polyurethanes, polycarbonate, agricultural chemicals, pharmaceuticals, dyes and other chemical intermediates. Most phosgene is used in the production of isocyanates that are further used for producing polyurethanes.
A very small percentage of the total phosgene produced worldwide is used for phosgene derivatives that are used in the pharmaceuticals industry. Phosgene derivatives such as various isocyanates, chloroformates and carboxy anhydrides are used in the production of various drugs in the pharma industry. For example, N-pentyl chloroformate is used in the production of Capecitabine, an anti-cancer drug, Z-L-Valine NCA is used in the synthesis of an antiviral drug Valacyclovir, and cyclohexyl isocyanate is used in the production of antidiabetic drugs such as Glibenclamide, Glipizide and Glimepiride.
The phosgene market is estimated to have grown at the slow rate of around 3% during 2010-2015. The shift to non-phosgene-based production by many of the user chemicals companies in developed regions such as Western Europe and North America has been the main reason for the slow growth during the historic period. The user companies in Europe and North America have tended to shift to non-phosgene-based production processes.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Global Phosgene, Market Characteristics
- Phosgene, Product Characteristics
- GMP Phosgene
- Phosgene, Value Chain
- Phosgene Regulation And Certification
- Global Phosgene Market Size, 2010-2020
- Global Phosgene, Market Sizing Methodology
- Global Phosgene, Market Size
- Global Phosgene Market Volume, Historic (2010-2015)
- Global Phosgene Market Volume, Split By Geography, Historic (2010-2015)
- Global Phosgene Market Volume, Forecast (2015-2020)
- Global Phosgene Market Volume, Split By Geography, Forecast (2015-2020)
- Global Phosgene Market Volume, Split By Industrial Application, 2015
- Factors Influencing Phosgene Market
- Global Phosgene Market, Competitive Landscape
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x5jm2z/phosgene_global