STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Tobii AB today reported its results for the second quarter and first six months 2016. The Group presented stable sales and large investments in product and market development in all three business units.
April – June
· The Group’s sales totaled SEK 241 million (222), an increase of 8%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 12%.
· Gross margin was 73% (76%).
· The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -29 million (-17).
· The combined operating profit from Tobii Dynavox and Tobii Pro totaled SEK 23 million (23) while investments in Tobii Tech impacted the Group’s earnings by SEK -52 million (-39).
· Earnings per share was SEK -0.18 (-0.13).
January – June
· The Group’s sales totaled SEK 493 million (452), an increase of 9%. Adjusted for currency effects, the increase was 11%.
· Gross margin was 73% (75%).
· The Group’s operating loss amounted to SEK -46 million (-24).
· The combined operating profit from Tobii Dynavox and Tobii Pro totaled SEK 55 million (56) while investments in Tobii Tech impacted the Group’s earnings by SEK -101 million (-80). · Earnings per share was SEK -0.47 (-0.13).
Events during the second quarter
· Tobii Tech started delivering the IS4 platform to Tobii Dynavox, which launched several eye-controlled products upgraded with the new platform.
· Heli Arantola and Jan Wäreby were elected as new members of the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting held on May 11.
Today at 10:00 a.m. Tobii will arrange a conference call with web cast presentation for media, analyst and investors. Please find dial-in details on Tobii’s website under Interim Report Q2 2016 (http://www.tobii.com/group/investors/calendar/interim-report-q2-2016/).
This information is information that Tobii AB (publ) is obliged to make public, pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on July 28, 2016 at 08.00 (CET).
Tobii is the global leader in eye tracking. Our vision is a world where all technology works in harmony with natural human behavior. Tobii operates through three business units: Tobii Dynavox makes specially designed computers that are controlled by eye movement or touch screens for use by people with special needs due to spinal cord injuries, CP, ALS or other medical conditions. Tobii Pro develops and sells eye-tracking equipment and services used today by more than 3,000 companies and 2,000 research institutions, including all of the world’s 50 highest ranked universities. Tobii Tech further develops Tobii’s technology for new volume markets, such as computer games, personal computers, virtual reality and vehicles. Tobii is headquartered in Sweden and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (TOBII). The group has around 700 employees. For more information, please visit www.tobii.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com