HELSINKI, Finland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
April–June 2016 (4–6/2015)
• Order inflow was EUR 382.8 million (423.0).
• Order book at the end of the period amounted to EUR 1,495.7 million (1,667.1). The comparable order book for 30 June 2015 was EUR 1,351.7 million 1) .
• Net sales totalled EUR 457.1 million (492.1).
• Operating profit amounted to EUR 21.2 million (15.6), or 4.6% (3.2) of net sales.
• Profit for the period was EUR 12.3 million (5.0).
• Earnings per share were EUR 0.48 (0.05).
• Cash flow from operating activities totalled EUR 25.6 million (23.5).
• Equity ratio at the end of the review period was 33.8% (33.1) and gearing 52.2% (57.2).
• Interest-bearing net debt at the end of the review period was EUR 165.2 million (211.7).
1) The company divested the building construction business in Sweden as well as the road maintenance business in Norway during Q3/2015. In addition according to its strategy, the company has not started any new residential development projects in Russia.
January–June 2016 (1–6/2015)
• Order inflow was EUR 783.3 million (809.2).
• Net sales totalled EUR 673.8 million (781.8).
• Operating profit amounted to EUR -10.2 million (-2.4), or -1.5% (-0.3) of net sales.
• Profit for the period was EUR -15.6 million (-14.7).
• Earnings per share were EUR -0.83 (-0.90).
• Cash flow from operating activities totalled EUR 7.2 million (26.0).
Profit guidance for 2016
The profit guidance for 2016 remains intact. Lemminkäinen estimates that its net sales in 2016 will be on the level of EUR 1.8 billion. Operating profit (IFRS) in 2016 is expected to improve as compared to 2015 (EUR 37.3 million).
|Key figures, IFRS||
Other operations and
|Profit for the period||M€||12.3||5.0||7.3||-15.6||-14.7||-0.9||7.2|
Earnings per share
for the period
Cash flow from
|Key figures, IFRS||30 June 2016||30 June 2015 4)||
6/16 vs 6/15
|31 March 2016||
6/16 vs 3/16
|31 Dec 2015|
|Order book||M€||1,495.7||1,667.1 1)||-171.4||1,449.0||46.7||1,180.3|
|Balance sheet total||M€||1,055.5||1,292.3||-236.8||949.6||105.9||1,035.5|
|Interest-bearing net debt||M€||165.2||211.7||-46.5||186.6||-21.4||126.8|
|Equity ratio 2)||%||33.8||33.1||36.0||40.6|
Return on capital employed,
rolling 12 months
1) The figures for the comparison year include the building construction business in Sweden and the road maintenance business in Norway, both of which the company divested in Q3/2015. In addition according to its strategy, the company has not started any new residential development projects in Russia. The comparable order book for 30 June 2015 was EUR 1,351.7 million.
2) Equity ratio, if hybrid bonds were treated as debt: 6/2016: 26.4%, 6/2015: 23.1% and 12/ 2015: 28.6%.
3) Gearing, if hybrid bonds were treated as debt: 6/2016: 95.0%, 6/2015: 125.2% and 12/2015: 89.6%.
4) The figures include the effect of non-current assets classified as held for sale.
President and CEO Casimir Lindholm:
“Our second quarter operating profit improved year-on-year,” says Casimir Lindholm, President and CEO. “Our operating profit improved in Paving and Building construction, Finland. In Paving, we have ongoing measures to improve our operations in Norway. In Building construction Finland, four residential development projects were completed during Q2. However, the majority of our residential development projects will be completed during the last quarter.”
“Our financial position continued to develop favourably. Compared to June last year, our operating capital has decreased from EUR 547 million to EUR 446 million, a decline of EUR 100 million. Simultaneously, our interest-bearing net debt has decreased from EUR 212 million to EUR 165 million despite the redemption of the outstanding share of the first hybrid bond during the first quarter this year. Our financial position has improved significantly during the past two years.”
“Our comparable order book improved compared to last year. Order inflow for paving has been good in all market areas, including Russia. In Infra projects, we won two new projects in Sweden. In Building construction, Finland, we have a strong order book. We seek profitable growth in complex infrastructure construction in Sweden and Norway. Especially in Sweden the competition is intense and we have strengthened the local organisation to support the growth.”
“Going forward, our focus remains on improving our operational result and competitiveness in all operations. The second quarter of 2016 went as planned and we are in a good position to reach our financial targets for this year.”
A Finnish-language briefing for analysts and the media will be held at 12:00 noon on Thursday 28 July at Lemminkäinen’s head office. The street address is Salmisaarenaukio 2, Helsinki, Finland. Lemminkäinen's President and CEO Casimir Lindholm will present the Interim Report. The presentation material can be found in Finnish and English at the company’s website, www.lemminkainen.com/investors.
Financial reporting in 2016
In 2016, financial reports are published as follows:
|4 February 2016||Financial Statements Bulletin 2015|
|Week 9||Annual Report 2015|
|28 April 2016||Interim Report 1 Jan – 31 March 2016|
|28 July 2016||Interim Report 1 Jan – 30 June|
|27 October 2016||Interim Report 1 Jan – 30 Sep 2016|
Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd
Lemminkäinen is an expert in complex infrastructure construction and building construction in Northern Europe and one of the largest paving companies in its market. Together with our customers and 4,800 professionals we employ, we build a sustainable society. In 2015, our net sales were EUR 1.9 billion. Lemminkäinen Corporation’s share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. www.lemminkainen.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com