DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Top Players in Global B2C E-Commerce Market 2016" report to their offering.
The ranking of the top five Internet retailers globally includes two companies based in the USA, two from China and one from Europe, according to the findings in this report. The pure online retail sales figures show the dominance of Amazon.com with an 8% share of the global market. Product revenues of the US based company in 2015, at nearly USD 80 billion, were three times higher than those of the second ranking online retailer, China's JD.com.
Online marketplaces, represented by global companies such as Rakuten, Ebay, and Alibaba, are also attractive to online shoppers. The report cites a 2015 survey showing that online consumers are more likely to purchase from a marketplace rather than a retailer website.
Local and regional players also are expanding in many areas to challenge the global leaders. For example, Souq.com is a regional leader in the Middle East, while in India Flipkart and Snapdeal are rivals to Amazon.
Questions Answered In This Report:
- Which are the largest online retailers worldwide by officially reported sales in 2015?
- What are the market shares of the world's largest online retailers?
- Which companies dominate the online shopping landscape in advanced and emerging markets?
- What are the most popular E-Commerce websites worldwide?
- How do international and local E-Commerce websites rank in various countries?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Managment Summary
2. Global Developments
5. North America
6. Latin America
7. Middle East
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hs7mpc/top_players_in