CRANBURY, N.J. & PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AmeriHealth New Jersey today announced the company has collaborated with Accolade, Inc., an on-demand health care concierge for employers, health plans and health systems, to offer a highly personalized health assistance service to help members make the most of their benefits. Launched earlier this month, Accolade’s services are available to a preliminary group of AmeriHealth New Jersey members at no additional cost to participating members.
Accolade Health Assistants® will serve as a single point of contact to help AmeriHealth New Jersey members and their families navigate the complexities of the health care system in order to utilize their benefits and health care coverage most effectively.
“It’s important to us that our members feel supported as they continue to navigate this new health care environment we are operating in today,” said Mike Munoz, senior vice president of sales and marketing for AmeriHealth New Jersey. “We are excited to collaborate with Accolade and leverage their advanced health information technology to provide more personalized assistance to our members.”
Accolade Health Assistants® bring unique value to members in that once an AmeriHealth New Jersey member calls and speaks to a Health Assistant, that individual becomes their personal health assistant going forward. “No matter how many times a member calls, they can always speak with the same individual, which further enhances the level of personalization,” said Munoz.
Health Assistants are equipped to provide customized assistance to members in navigating the healthcare system as they receive their medical care from their own doctors and nurses. This is made possible because Health Assistants are supported by a team of nurses, doctors, social workers, behavioral and other specialists, while leveraging a technology platform during their interactions with members that is rooted in behavioral science and analytics. Accolade provides this support in the following areas:
- Eligibility support regarding policies and processes on coverage status with a specific health plan, qualified events which may result in change request and reinstatement in a health plan through online access to plan website, federal website or employer sponsors.
- Premium support regarding premium payment process, including, for example, when payments are due, how to make a payment and implications of late or non-payment.
- Benefit questions support with understanding benefits, calculations on out-of-pocket costs and participation in wellness programs.
- Claim question support on claims submissions, EOB requests, initiating AmeriHealth New Jersey member appeals, and confirming status of submitted claim.
- Provider search support to help confirm network status of providers.
- Administrative services support in resolving ID card issues and facilitating PCP election or change.
- Clinical services support which includes educating and supporting members about their options regarding disease management and maternity management services, health coaching, and referral to telemedicine services; pre-certification requirements; identifying and referring members to complex case management, specialty case management and other case management programs; providing pre-admission and post discharge support; and medication support.
“We’re honored to be collaborating with AmeriHealth New Jersey to bring personalized healthcare support to many New Jersey individuals and families,” said Robert Cavanaugh, president of field operations at Accolade. “Our relationship demonstrates how the Accolade engagement and influence platform can bring the perfect blend of personal interaction with health assistants and technology to augment health plan programs.”
Through the Accolade engagement and influence platform, Accolade Health Assistants® connect with health plan members before they make health care decisions to consistently drive cost savings and better outcomes. Since Accolade Health Assistants® build long-standing relationships with members, they better understand their needs and health plan benefits, which allows them to direct members to the most cost effective options.
For more information about AmeriHealth New Jersey, visit amerihealthnj.com.
About AmeriHealth New Jersey
AmeriHealth New Jersey* is dedicated to enabling the people of New Jersey to improve their health and well-being while providing them access to affordable, quality care. Exclusively focused on the state of New Jersey, we offer one of the largest provider networks in the state, as well as access to hospitals and doctors across the nation. Our members also have access to our innovative Commit2Wellness programs. Whether you are an individual, a small- or mid-sized business, a municipality, self-funded group, or board of education, we can provide you with a health insurance plan that best meets your needs. Named one of the Best Places to Work for the past five years, AmeriHealth New Jersey is located in Cranbury, NJ. For more information visit amerihealthnj.com.
*AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey | AmeriHealth HMO, Inc.
Accolade, Inc. is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans and health systems. Accolade’s team of compassionate, trusted professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. Accolade customers experience industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in health care, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace for five consecutive years. For more information, visit accolade.com.