DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Petroleum Coke Market: Industry Analysis, Trends, and Forecasts up to 2021" report to their offering.
Petroleum coke is also called petcoke. It is a solid carbon material obtained as a byproduct in the oil refineries. Majorly, it comprises of carbon along with traces of sulfur and heavy metals. Crude oil when refined is processed into petrol, diesel, naphtha, fuel oil, kerosene and residue crude. Further a process known as coking is carried out to produce petcoke.
Currently, more than 100 refineries produce petcoke across the globe. Fuel grade coke and calcined coke are the two major types of petroleum coke available in the market. Major applications of fuel grade coke are found in power plants and cement kilns owing to high calorific value and less cost. Calcined coke is used to manufacture titanium oxide and find applications in various industries such as aluminum, bricks, fertilizer, glass and steel
High demand for petroleum coke has been witnessed in Asia Pacific region over the past few years owing to developing economies such as China and India. Increasing investments, high electricity demand and growing population are some of the key drivers of the petroleum coke market in the Asia pacific region. In China, majority of the petroleum coke is used in power plants to generate electricity whereas in India petcoke is used as fuel in cement industry. Petcoke is an internationally traded raw material and is boosting the growth of emerging economies.
- HPCL - Mittal Energy Limited
- Indian oil Corporation
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company
- Valero Energy Corporation
Key Topics Covered:
2. Executive summary
3. Global Petroleum Coke Market Overview
4. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis - Product, by Volume and Revenue, 2015 - 2022 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
5. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis - End-Use, by Volume and Revenue, 2015 - 2022 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
6. Global Petroleum Coke Market Analysis, Regional Analysis by Volume and Revenue, 2015 - 2022 (Million Tons) (USD Million)
7. Company profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdv5pw/global_petroleum