SAN BRUNO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Qumu (NASDAQ: QUMU), the leader in enterprise video, today announced that the Qumu video platform now supports Skype for Business, simplifying the recording, management, distribution and replay of virtual meetings across multiple video conferencing platforms. Skype for Business users can participate seamlessly with other virtual meeting endpoints through virtual meeting solutions like Pexip and take full advantage of Qumu’s enterprise-class recording capability to make meeting recordings easily searchable and accessible to an organization.
Before or during a call, Skype for Business users can now choose to record meetings from within the Skype for Business client. After the conference, the recordings are stored, distributed and managed centrally using enterprise-class content management capabilities such as security, search, and availability on all devices.
The innovative Qumu video platform can scale to archive millions of recordings from a company’s multiple video conference and web conference solutions, providing a long-term video content platform that will remain constant as UC technologies evolve over time.
In addition, Skype for Business users can live stream virtual meetings to hundreds or thousands of additional participants, creating an easy and scalable way to expand calls beyond existing endpoints.
Qumu is excited to open the door for Skype for Business users to easily join and be full participants in any meeting, regardless of the videoconferencing infrastructure involved,” said Vern Hanzlik, president and CEO of Qumu. “Besides giving organizations a way to capture and persistently manage valuable knowledge assets from all of their UC platforms, the Qumu solution expands important meetings to include larger audiences, instantly.”
The Qumu solution platform enables a company’s overall unified communications ecosystem to make recording calls a seamless, secure and scalable part of any meeting:
- Enterprise-Class meeting recording. Scalable to meet your growing organization’s capacity needs while being highly redundant, secure and economical.
- Scheduled or on demand. Recording can be initiated both as part of the meeting scheduling process or on demand with simple controls easily accessible within the Skype for Business, Lync or other virtual meeting vendors’ interfaces.
- Managed content. Users have access to manage their recordings, allowing them to trim, edit thumbnails, and share them easily right from within the communications tool.
- Integrated with your corporate security framework. This minimizes administration and provides the flexibility to meet your multi-level access control needs.
- Automatic metadata capture. Highly customizable metadata capture for enhanced search/retrieval as well as audit/compliance of meeting recordings.
- Automated workflows. Can be created for specific types of meeting recordings with automated disclaimers, mandatory approvals, security, time of life, and repurposing.
- Easily share meeting content. Can be shared via collaboration platforms, email, websites and social tools while maintaining security and trackability.
About Qumu Corporation
Video is today’s document. Qumu (NASDAQ: QUMU) provides the tools businesses need to create, manage, secure, deliver and measure the success of their videos. Qumu's innovative solutions release the power in video to engage and empower employees, partners and clients. Organizations around the world realize the greatest possible value from video they create and publish using Qumu. Whatever the audience size, viewer device or network configuration, Qumu solutions are how business does video. www.qumu.com