OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: AMTD) is pleased to announce that the following collegiate baseball players will travel to Omaha, Neb. to compete in the seventh annual TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby:
- Colby Bortles, University of Mississippi: In three seasons at Ole Miss, Bortles has belted 17 home runs, including eight in 2016 to rank second on the team. The Oviedo, Florida native also has three career grand slams to his credit. He was one of three Rebels to start all 62 games this season, making 61 starts at third base and one at first base.
- Dylan Busby, Florida State University: Busby capped off the 2016 campaign by ranking in the top five of 10 major team categories including slugging percentage (.597-1st), total bases (148-t-1st), triples (5-1st), home runs (14-1st), RBI (55-2nd), doubles (16-t-2nd), hits (80-3rd), runs scored (49-3rd), stolen bases (11-3rd) and batting average (.323-4th).
- Joe Davis, University of Houston: Produced arguably one of the best freshman campaigns in Houston history by breaking the UH all-time freshman record in home runs (14) and RBI (58), while tying the doubles record (17). Davis also became just the third player in program history to record two grand slams in one season. He led the Cougars in hits (79), RBI (58), home runs (14), doubles (17) and with a .577 slugging percentage.
- Greg Deichmann, Louisiana State University: Deichmann appeared in 64 games in 2016 (62 starts), batting .288 (68-for-236) with 14 doubles, three triples, 11 homers, 57 RBI, 45 runs and five steals – finished as LSU’s lead in homers and RBI. He was also LSU’s leading hitter in postseason games (SEC and NCAA Tournament combined), batting .385 (15-for-39) with one double, five homers, 16 RBI and seven runs.
- Hagen Owenby, East Tennessee State University: Owenby’s 88 hits this season were the most by a Buccaneer since Paul Hoilman – the winner of the inaugural TD Ameritrade Home Run Derby – recorded 99 in 2010. He led ETSU in home runs (17), batting average (.374), total bases (155), slugging percentage (.660), multi-hit games (29). Owenby hit multiple home runs in three games this season, while belting home runs in four straight games from Feb. 27-March 4 and three straight games from April 29-May 1.
- Brent Rooker, Mississippi State University: Team-captain Brent Rooker led the 2016 SEC Champion Diamond Dawgs in home runs (11) and finished fourth on the team with a .324 batting average. His 54 RBI’s were also tops on the team. The Germantown, Tennessee native was named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll both of his years on campus.
- Reid Russell, Lamar University: On his way to being named the Southland Conference Hitter of the Year and ABCA South Central All-Region First Team, Reid Russell joined the top of Lamar’s home run list tying the 11-year school record with 18 in a season. He ranks 13th in the country – first in the Southland Conference - in long balls, and his 0.33 homers a game ranks seventh in the nation.
- Gary Russo, Miami (Ohio) University: Russo had his best year as a RedHawk in 2016, as he hit .271, slugged 19 home runs and registered 43 RBI. He posted a career-high .614 slugging percentage, as he also added eight doubles and three triples. The 2016 season marked the second-consecutive season that Russo totaled double-digit home runs, as he hit 10 in 2015. For his career, Russo smacked 31 home runs and notched 99 RBI.
Tickets for the 2016 TD Ameritrade College Home Run Derby are $8 for children (ages 3-12), $12 for adults, or a “Family-Four-Pack” for $36, and may be purchased in-person from the CenturyLink Center arena box offices, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000, or online at www.ticketmaster.com. Service fees will apply to those tickets purchased over the phone or online, but not to those purchased in-person. For groups of 20 or more, visit www.collegehomerunderby.com.
For media credentials, please contact Steve Flaherty at email@example.com.
TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation and Intersport are separate and unaffiliated companies and are not responsible for each other’s services or policies.
Source: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
About TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation
Millions of investors and independent registered investment advisors (RIAs) have turned to TD Ameritrade’s (Nasdaq: AMTD) technology, people and education to help make investing and trading easier to understand and do. Online or over the phone. In a branch or with an independent RIA. First-timer or sophisticated trader. Our clients want to take control, and we help them decide how - bringing Wall Street to Main Street for more than 40 years. An official sponsor of the 2016 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, as well as an official sponsor of the National Football League, TD Ameritrade has time and again been recognized as a leader in investment services. Please visit TD Ameritrade's newsroom or www.amtd.com for more information, or read our stories at http://freshaccounts.amtd.com.
Since 1985, Intersport has been an award-winning innovator and leader in the creation of sports and entertainment based marketing platforms. Intersport creates unique content and experiences for clients that attract and engage passionate audiences through four divisions: Sponsorship & Event Marketing, Sports Properties, Sports & Entertainment Content (for broadcast and digital media). To learn more about Intersport, log on to www.intersportnet.com, like us on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/IntersportBuzz) or follow us on Twitter (@IntersportBuzz).