JUNO BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.), a leading provider of health information technology (HIT) solutions for federal, private and public healthcare organizations, today announced the release of the latest vxVistA Open Source electronic health record (EHR) version 15.0 under Apache 2.0 license. The latest version of vxVistA will improve workflow efficiency, enable interoperability and enhance patient safety through modernizing the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) legacy system. Hospitals, clinics, physician practices and community health organizations are able to access vxVistA 15.0 via The VistA Extensions Hub.
“As with any technology, continuously ensuring that vxVistA is evolving with the industry and meeting new standards is key to providing healthcare organizations with the tools they need to keep patient care and safety the priority,” said Mark Byers, president and CEO of DSS, Inc. “For more than 10 years, we’ve invested in enhancing VistA for all hospitals and health systems, fine-tuning a proven and flexible health information system that enables interoperability and ARRA Meaningful Use certification, as well as reduces costs.”
vxVistA is a scalable, customizable EHR that integrates with additional Open Source and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) extensions to expand its breadth of capabilities to healthcare specialties like behavioral health, dental, ophthalmology and oncology. Through its longstanding HIT experience, DSS understands the intricacies of implementing and using vxVistA and its many add-on COTS software modules, while maintaining the strengths and the viability of VistA.
Hospitals and health systems will be able to take advantage of vxVistA’s significant enhancements for ultimately improving patient care, including:
- Access to integrated growth chart data from the World Health Organization (WHO) and/or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- Utilization of data segregation and multi-divisional warnings for users entering patient data regardless of where they are logging in;
- The means to display and easily record immunizations for more accurate patient data;
- Ability to record and identify program codes for family planning, HIV/STD, immunization and environmental epidemiology to increase efficiency and revenue;
- Capability to flag and record multiple patient characteristics with an audit trail;
- Creation of customized pharmacy prescription templates for hard copy prescription printing; and
- Use of site specific lab requisition printing for increased flexibility.
“Through ongoing collaboration with the VistA community, DSS aims to enhance quality care through the modernization of VistA. The latest enhancements to vxVistA through code intake will promote the importance of government and private company collaboration – a necessary step to a more integrated healthcare network,” said Byers.
About Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.)
DSS is a leading software and services company that creates and delivers advanced health information technology (HIT) solutions. For 25 years, healthcare organizations have benefited from our technical and service integration expertise. DSS has extensive experience working with federal, private and public healthcare facilities to modernize their legacy systems and to improve efficiencies for clinical and administrative users through breakthrough technology. For more information about DSS, visit www.dssinc.com.