DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Drainage Systems Asia Summit 2016 (Singapore - August 24th & 25th, 2016)" conference to their offering.
Asia Pacific's Premier Summit in Drainage Systems Returns to Singapore.
Climate change and urbanisation are putting a lot of pressures and requirements to improve city drainage infrastructure due to their limited capacity and flexibility to adapt to climatic variability and cities' explosive growth. Climate change represents future impacts on urban water systems in the variability of water runoff and urban flooding. Meanwhile, the most magnificent urbanisation ever seen is happening in Asia both in terms of land areas and population, with 200 million people moving into cities over the last decade, while cities keep doubling their population and APAC is home to more than half of the world's mega-cities.
In areas where drainage systems are under-developed, poorly drained storm water, floodwater and wastewater could easily lead to surface water run-off which causes flooding, pollutions, high flows; as well as stagnant pools that breed the diseases; pollute ground water; damage water supply infrastructure.
Taking place between 23-26th August 2016, Drainage Systems Asia Summit 2016 will make an Asia's premier networking and learning platform for Water utilities companies, Government Ministries & Agencies responsible for drainage, stormwater management & sewerage systems, Departments of Public Works, Global Drainage Contractors and other key stakeholders to discuss and share insightful experiences on existing and recently completed drainage infrastructure projects around the world, best practices in sustainable urban drainage system design, lessons learned in flood & stormwater management as well drainage system innovation so that you could improve the planning, design, maintenance and enhancement of your drainage systems, as well as identifying new opportunities for your organization.
Key Benefits of Attending:
- Case studies on current & future large-scale and small-scale Drainage projects across Asia Pacific including Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, India, Malaysia, Australia and Hong Kong amongst others
- Identify latest technologies, solutions and techniques for stormwater management and flood monitoring strategies that could be applied within your projects
- Discuss and forecast the future impact climate changes will be having on urban drainage systems and how you can mitigate the risks
- Understand how you can overcome challenges with soil characteristics, safety measures, information database, environmental and social impact management, waste management and much more from experienced project managers leading large urban drainage, dam, sewerage improvement and maintenance programmes
- Interactive Panel Discussions featuring Departments of Public Works, Government departments of water/drainage management, irrigation & resources, urban development, land & transport, water & environment; NGOs, contractors - gain real-life perspectives from these key groups of people in the value chain
- Network with decision maker across the value chain in the Drainage and Sewerage professional network looking to/have already implemented advanced drainage system solutions.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bjf6zl/drainage_systems