SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nuance Communications, a leading provider of imaging and speech technology, today announced the release of its Chinese version of Equitrac - an intelligent print management software - to meet growing demand for its pioneering business software in China.
Equitrac allows organisations to gain better control of their print environments, reduce unnecessary print costs and increase document security. IT departments can deploy and manage serverless and mixed-fleet print environments so that users can access anytime and anywhere printing. Flexible, easy to configure and scalable, Equitrac can be tailored to the needs of the organisation to ensure greater print control and assist efficiency.
‘Nuance is committed to the Asian market and we will continue to invest in the region to meet the needs of our customers. The release of the Chinese version of Equitrac further complements our English version which is already in use in China,’ said Stephen Dubois, Vice President Sales APJ - Nuance Document Imaging.
‘Equitrac is an industry leading print management software and the Chinese version will now provide our customers with greater choice when it comes to implementing solutions that enhance their business processes,’ added Stephen.
Nuance’s Chinese version of Equitrac is available to customers through the company’s long-term regional partners, Canon, Fuji Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta and Ricoh. These partners can assist customers with training and support, which is underpinned by Nuance’s solid expertise and technical know-how. Always dedicated to ensuring a professional service to customers and quality support for partners, Nuance has invested into China and has approximately 100 staff in China.
Equitrac intelligent print management software allows companies and workplaces to gain better control and more flexible management of their print environments. The Equitrac range enables organisations to reduce costs associated with unnecessary printing and print infrastructures. Plus, it can assist firms with their compliance with security policies and meeting regulations. The software also allows IT departments to implement and manage serverless and mixed-fleet print environments so that users can print how they want and where they want. Equitrac is available in two versions, Equitrac Office® and Equitrac Express®.
Key features and benefits of Equitrac include:
- I-Queue – Enterprise-wide printing without the need to process print jobs through print servers.
- Easy Integration – Hybrid Print Control™ technology provides a single print management platform that supports enterprises in server-based environments, using I-Queue and, in many cases, environments that support both deployment types.
- Enhanced Secure Printing for Mobile Devices – For situations where organisations need to provide secure print access to guests, or don’t want to invest in authentication hardware at a device, Equitrac’s Web Release functionality supports secure document release using a web browser – either on a separate PC next to the printer, or from their mobile device.
- Increased Productivity – With the Equitrac Capture and Send add-on, print and scan workflows can be executed from a single application, allowing users to quickly and easily send scanned documents to email, fax, network folders or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Secure Anywhere, Anytime Control – Secure login capabilities and Windows single sign-on support, combined with support for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari, make web-based administration a reality for any organisation.
- Business Aligned Reporting – Total print activity is tracked, allowing tracking of cost savings and realised environmental benefits, such as the decreased consumption of trees, litres of water and CO2 released into the atmosphere. Reports can be filtered by user, department, account and device, and can be run for any defined time period.
- Convenient Printing – With the Nuance ID Controller, organisations can incorporate even the most basic output devices — single-function printers — into their secure printing network. The ID Controller provides users with the ability to swipe their ID card and release their documents stored in the users Equitrac print queue one at a time — or release all documents in a single step. This secure print release option provides maximum convenience to users by giving them the ability to release their print jobs at the device of their choice.
- Simplified Deployment – Features such as fast auto-detection of printers, the ability to import and export price lists, rule sets and billing codes, and multiple active directory and LDAP configurations combine to make Equitrac easy and quick to configure to print environments.
To view the full list of Equitrac features please visit:
‘The Chinese version of Nuance Equitrac will help empower organisations as they seek to effectively and efficiently manage their business processes, save money and increase security,’ said Stephen.
For pricing please contact your Canon, Fuji Xerox, HP, Konica Minolta or Ricoh dealer.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com
Trademark reference: Nuance, the Nuance logo, and Equitrac are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.