OAKDALE, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Committed to supporting library missions across the globe, bibliotheca is pleased to announce a new, long-term product set. This brings together the best of both the original bibliotheca and 3M Library Systems, creating a more focused and efficient portfolio for customers. The combination of resources and knowledge allows bibliotheca to provide customers with industry-leading support, a wider selection and continued innovation.
With a focus on self-service offerings, cloud technology and staff efficiency solutions, librarians and patrons alike have much to look forward to, including:
- Expanded quickConnect™ software on all self-service products, designed to maximize your impact while you have their attention: This award-winning software has been significantly enhanced over the last eight months, and it’s unique features make it a benchmark for self-service products across the globe. quickConnect allows libraries to bridge the physical and digital worlds by linking to the cloudLibrary™ digital lending solution, which enables patrons to discover and check-out digital titles, in addition to encouraging discovery of new physical titles and engaging patrons with the ability to promote events. quickConnect is designed to help libraries evolve with their communities and find new ways to connect with patrons.
- A dedicated, single-access portal to manage all bibliotheca solutions from the new portfolio: libraryConnect™ is a newly designed site to help librarians reduce the amount of time spent on chasing down necessary information and data. Remote access to comprehensive, real time data and status allows for easier centralized management of your critical equipment. This portal also provides access to our portfolio documentation, training and support, and user forums, ensuring customers can get the best out of their investment.
New for cloudLibrary:
- Online patron registration capability removes barriers to new library users while driving more circ: Libraries who currently have the capability to offer online registration can now offer that same service directly through the cloudLibrary. New patrons can sign up for a library card right in the app and be reading in seconds.
- Pre-publication holds to help with collection development planning: Patrons can now place holds on pre-pub titles, allowing collection development managers the ability to better plan for demand in their libraries.
- New specific categories for Teens and Kids titles: The cloudLibrary will now offer additional sections specific for youth and young adults, which will help tailor searches and discovery. The bibliotheca collection development team was heavily involved in the work of adding new BISAC codes to better accommodate young readers.
“Our customers strive every day to meet the needs of their communities in a fast-paced, consistently-changing world,” said Matt Tempelis, president of bibliotheca Americas. “Our industry-leading product range has been expanded in order to offer libraries new opportunities to captivate and connect with their patrons. The continued integration, innovation and expansion of our product line is a testament to our commitment to the important work they do.”
bibliotheca will be unveiling key products from the new portfolio at the ALA Conference in Orlando, FL., booth #1551, where attendees can learn more and get hands on experience with the new features in our product portfolio. Click the link for a sneak peek at our new North America product catalog.
Supporting the GLBT Round Table and Libraries Transform
Also at the booth will be an interactive diversity wall, which supports the mission of Libraries Transform and the ALA’s GLBT Round Table. Attendees are encouraged to come and add their name or their own “because” statement on the importance of libraries supporting diversity in their communities. This is the second year of an interactive display around this important subject. For each post on the wall, $5 will be donated to the GLBT Round Table
bibliotheca is dedicated to the development of solutions that help sustain and grow libraries around the world. Their products are designed to provide a welcoming, intuitive and seamless environment for those that use the library – wherever they choose to use it - be that at home, on the move or within the library itself. The company has direct operational offices in all major continents, together with dedicated distributors who offer our solutions across a further 70 countries. Globally, bibliotheca has over 30,000 unique libraries as part of their family, with a deployed equipment range in excess of 10,000 individual self-service units, 6,000 security systems and over 650 automated materials handling (sorter) systems. In addition, their digital ‘Cloud Library’ platform features content from over 1,000 publishers and is available through almost 3,000 libraries.
bibliotheca is financially backed by OEP Capital Advisors, L.P., an independent private equity firm that has managed approximately $11 billion of invested capital over its 15-year history. The firm is principally based in New York, Chicago and Frankfurt.
For more information on this release, please contact Jeanne Parsons, Marketing Communications, at email@example.com or Emily Wozniak, Karwoski & Courage Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more general information about the company, visit www.bibliotheca.com