DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Intravenous (IV) Iron Drugs Market Report: 2016 Edition" report to their offering.
The report analyzes the global iron products industry along with an extensive coverage of global, Europe and the US I.V. iron market. The global IV iron market witnesses intense competition with numerous top notch players; such as Galenica Pharmaceuticals, Actavis Inc, AMAG Pharmaceuticals; operating in the marketplace along with small budding players. As a part of analysis of fierce competition prevailing in the industry, product contention has been presented in the report. The company profiles of leading aforementioned players in the market are also incorporated in the report.
Compared to the other routes of infusing medications, the intravenous route is the fastest way to deliver fluids and medications throughout the body. The first iron product for intravenous use was high-molecular-weight iron dextran. Some of the major areas of IV iron application include gynecology, gastroenterology, oncology and surgeries. Hemoglobin, Ferritin, Transferrin, and Hepcidin are major molecules which are critical in the function and regulation of iron.
The key factors driving growth of the global I.V. iron industry include increase in number of dialysis cases, increasing global healthcare expenditures, rising ageing population, increasing life expectancy rate, growing number of ERSD patients and rising medicines expenditures. Some of the noteworthy trends and developments of this industry are new product development, introduction of the first generation drugs InFed (iron dextran) and Dexeferrum (iron dextra) and feraccru treatment penetration. However, the growth of this sector is being hindered by emerging anemia management therapies and associated risks.
- Increase in Number of Dialysis Cases
- Increasing Healthcare Expenditure
- Increasing Cases of CKD and ESRD
- Rising Ageing Population
- Shift from Rural to Urban Regions
- Prevalence of Iron Deficiency in Women
- Increasing Life Expectancy Rate
- Rising Medicines Expenditures
- Growing Number of ERSD Patients
- New Product Development
- Introduction of First Generation Drugs InFeD and Dexeferrum
- Feraccru Treatment Penetration
- Emerging Anemia Management Therapies
- Potential Risks of I.V. Iron
Key Topics Covered:
1. Iron in Human Body: An Introduction
2. Global Iron Product Market Analysis
3. Global I.V. Iron Drugs Market Analysis
4. I.V. Iron Drugs Regional Market Analysis
5. Market Dynamics
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
8. Market Outlook
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals
- Allergan plc.
- Galenica group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2tf7c5/global